A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Barrel or Barrow sinusitis?? - KAT

Posted: Oct 29, 2009

I am hearing barrel or barrow sinusitis.  I never heard of either one and cannot verify either one.  Anyone have any ideas??

barosinusitis - Txczech

[ In Reply To ..]
as in baro, pressure etc. like barometer. First time I heard it it totally stumped me and I had typed ENT and ENT surgery etc!!!

barosinusitis,

Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the paranasal sinuses caused by pressure difference within the sinus relative to ambient pressure, secondary to obstruction of the sinus ostium and occurring during descent in altitude. Syn: aerosinusitis.

Origin
[G. baros, weight, pressure, + sinusitis]

Thanks!!! I'm an editor and was lost about that one! - Kat

[ In Reply To ..]
I couldnt figure that one out, thanks a million.

Similar Messages:

Seems Like All I Get Lately Is The Bottom Of The Barrel, Most
Aug 15, 2010

mush-mouthed dictators, the WORST audio, more and and more often.  Okay, this does not surprise me one bit (I know what is going on....convinced MQ is trying to get US MTs to quit--I know that)....it's just.........HOW do they know in advance who the crappy dictators are/poor audio is to make sure we get?  They'd have to listen to it first.  I don't get it.  Could it just be that they tell they Indians to kick back all the crap and we'll do it?   ...

It's True. Night Shift Gets The Bottom Of The Barrel.
Sep 10, 2013

Just signed into my account to get some extra in because of OOW for the past month, at least.  Surprise, surprise. What I have been reading is true!  The worst of the worst dictators are on and only them.  Gosh, it seems like there is some cherry picking going on, perhaps from overseas?  Unbelievable.  Hardly worth the frustration. Not one good one out of the bunch.  Boy, don't we work for some POS people?  ...

S/l "Vancofungin" For Sinusitis
Mar 19, 2011

reasonably clear for her but I can't find anything to match anywhere! ...