A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Attorney at law - Transcriptionist HP

Posted: Aug 30, 2010

Why is the above subject not hyphenated whereas father-in-law is hyphenated as per the 2nd edition of the Book of Style?  Anybody with the correct answer?  Thanks, confused.

cause its not an Attorney-In-Law!!! - smile

[ In Reply To ..]
probably pretty darn close to mother-in-law hey?

Similar Messages:

Need Attorney
Aug 04, 2013

I'm working for a company that I feel is gyping me over on pay.  I am a very experienced MT, working for a company...they have me on over 15 accounts and using over 6 different platforms.  I work the graveyard shift and cover all stats.  I get paid $1.20 a report (radiology and cardiology).  My base rate pay is $12.44 an hour.  Sometimes I can only type 4-5 reports in an hour (long cardiology and ESL doctors who you can't understand).  I can type up to 20 ...

ATTORNEY
Apr 15, 2014

If there are any MTs/MLSs who live in PA, northern Ohio who work for M-Modal, please contact me. I can get the party started for all of you with an Employment Rights Law Firm to see if you indeed have a case against the company. Sounds like you may have a case; I've already spoken with my attorney who is handing another case for me and he is interested in pursuing these types of cases, particularly those who are not being paid for work-related duties. ...

An Attorney Who Has Represented An MT (sm)
Mar 03, 2010

I don't work for MQ but it sure looks like something is going on or about to go on that is not going to be to the benefit of the MTs.  Some months back an MT successfully sued an MTSO for a settlement of $98, 421.88 (yeah, I know!).  I printed off the attorney's name just in case I need it in the future.  Here it is: Rob Wiley Law office of Rob Wiley, P.C. 1825 Market Center Blvd. Suite 385 Dallas, Tx 75207  (tel. 214-528-6500). Good luck, you guys!   ...

HAS ANYONE SOUGHT AN ATTORNEY???
Mar 29, 2014

I am in the process of checking with a Texas Attorney about all of this. Has anyone who has been fired done so? ...

Has Anyone Contacted A Labor Attorney?
Feb 14, 2014

I am wondering if anyone else has contacted a labor attorney regarding the legality of being forced to either sit at your computer for hours on end, use PTO time or risk being fired for their inability to provide work for us? I have an appointment to speak with one, but I was just wondering if anyone else had looked into this and the outcome? This just is really starting to feel like a sweatshop. ...

Has Anyone Used An Attorney To Collect Payment...
Aug 12, 2014

Hi, If you have used an attorney to collect payment on an invoice as an IC, I am curious to know how long it took to obtain payment and if you pursued any other damages such as the attorney's fees, bank charges incurred, etc., etc. and how long the process took.  I am out of patience with a small MTSO who pays consistently 1-4 days after payday and ready to pursue any and all avenues necessary to obtain payment since pay is late again and I have received no repsonse to my inquiries r ...

NEWS!! An Attorney Has Agreed To Take This Case!
Mar 04, 2010

I wrote in to ask for help from a major radio broadcaster who is a lawer, ***** (not allowed to advertise other websites here).  I briefly and objectively explained our quandary.  A lawyer said Mr. H_____ asked him to "briefly respond to your case" and is stepping up to the bat.  He said he believes we could have a case by "wrongful termination by constructive discharge."    His name is *****.  I'll be calling him on my lunch break and getting back to yo ...

Capitalization - Durable Power Of Attorney
Feb 19, 2013

Should "durable power of attorney" be typed in uppercase? ...

Look At This Regarding Overtime - Found It On A Labor Attorney Website.
Oct 14, 2012

Piece rate ΓΆ€” The regular rate of pay for an employee paid on a piecework basis is obtained by dividing the total weekly earnings by the total number of hours worked in that week. The employee is entitled to an additional one-half times this regular rate for each hour over 40, plus the full piecework earnings. Example: An employee paid on a piecework basis works 45 hours in a week and earns $315. The regular rate of pay for that week is $315 divided by 45, or $7.00 an hour. In addition to ...