A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Wav players for Mac - Sandi

Posted: Jan 23, 2015

I am currently using a Mac for work, which mostly consists of proofreading and editing rather than straight transcription, and use Express Scribe for Mac. The sound quality is awful. I'm pretty sure it's related to ES because I can pull up the same files in other audio programs (Wave Pad, for example) and the sound quality is much, much better. 

Does anyone have a suggestion on an application to use instead of Express Scribe that can be controlled by the keyboard with hotkeys rather than a pedal? I've found a few that work well sound-wise but they're mostly designed for audio editing rather than transcription work, so the functions I'm looking for aren't there.

Or, if I come up empty on Mac application suggestions, do any of you have a Windows-based laptop you like that has the ability to download drivers to have it emulate the two-finger scroll that a Mac has? My particular Windows laptop (a Sony Vaio) doesn't have the correct trackpad to enable that function.

Thanks...

Similar Messages:

DS2 Players
Jul 27, 2010

Hi, does anybody know of any free downloads that will play DS2 files.  I am currently using Olympus which is not controlled by a foot pedal so it is taking quite a long time to get through these files.  I know ByteScribe works well, but costs 99 dollars and I do not have the money at this time and have already used the free 14-day trial.  Thanks in advance!! ...

Opinions On Players
Jul 12, 2010

Hey all...Need to get some info on wav players.  My hard drive crashed last week and I am having to replace everything...including a wav player.  Any thoughts on the freebies that are out there?  Thanks! ...

Digital Players
Oct 17, 2012

I am using Express Scribe currently and is no longer free.  Since I have to purchase a program, I would like some suggestions on what everybody feels is a good replacement.  Thank you in advance for the suggestions. ...

Audio Players
Mar 25, 2013

Any opinions about audio players. What are the good ones, cost effective etc. Bytescribe versus ExpressScribe? Any info is appreciated. Thank you! ...

Voice Files, Players
May 02, 2011

Hello, This is for the small MTSO or MT who serves a few clients: Which method are you using for accessing digital audio files?  If FTP. are the dictators downloading them on your website or are you accessing them from theirs?   Anyone here using one of the services for this?  If so, which one and how is the cost working out? Also was interested in info on transcribing/player software, particularly QuickScribe.  Thanks. ...