A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

WP 5.1 timed backup - Sunnycat

Posted: Nov 30, 2012

After a couple of years using Word, I have forgotten how to set backup time for WP 5.1 and this is imperative since living in FL with many electrical storms. After 32 years with HCA, I was outsourced and now am setting up as an independent contractor MT. Thanks for any help you can give me. HELP!

WordPerfect - Sunshine State MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have WP12. Don't use it that often but to set the timed backup of docs I go:

1. Shift F1 (for settings).
2. Files.
3. Document tab. In the middle of that document tab you will see "Timed Document backup every _____ minutes."
4. Hit Okay.

Hope this helps, fellow Floridian.

WP5.1 - Lost

[ In Reply To ..]
I could not believe my eyes when I read a question re. WP5.1, it has such fond memories for me. I have a Gateway 2000 with WP5.1 which I used for years as a self-employed MT. My kids are urging me to dump this computer, however, I am so attached to it, I have just let it sit for years, all info removed, of course. I am so happy to see a ? on this subject. Anyone else out there fond of this old standby? You never know, some day I may get a call from some older doc with a matching program????

wp5.1 backup - Fan of wp5.1

[ In Reply To ..]
Shift/F1 - Environment - Backup Options.

Don't forget F3 will get you into the Help screen where you can just hit "b"

Good luck and enjoy the best money-making program ever!

Similar Messages:

Is The Wordzexpressed Test Timed?
Nov 11, 2011

thank you. ...

Taking Timed Transcription Tests
Jan 29, 2010

Don't you just hate transcription tests that are TIMED and you start listening to the audio,  and the audio is so bad that you just feel and know that you are going to flunk it?   What do you do, then?  Do you continue and count your blessings or do you just exit?   I very much appreciate your answers. thanks! ...

Help With Backup Plan
Dec 11, 2010

I hope someone can help me.  I know I need to back up my files (especially my work files, SH, etc.)  I see ads on TV about back up options, I have heard of other ways to do this as well, like an external drive.  My dilemma is that I don't know which is the best way to do this.  I have a Dell computer and every so often a box comes up and says backup not done.  I never click on it.  Does this mean I should have make a disk with everyone on it that I wa ...

Backup TSM Is MIA, Not On Spark.
Jun 05, 2014

...who has been referred to on this board. My regular TSM is away. The stand-in is never available. NEVER. ...

Webmedx - Backup Accounts Taken Away Lately?
Oct 12, 2010

Anyone else have backup accounts taken away lately? ...

Antivirus Software, File Backup
Jul 27, 2011

I'm curious to know what types of good antivirus software are being used by ICs out there who are working from home and transferring files via ftp.  I have Windows Defender, Malware, and McAfee, as well as real-time updates, email and internet security and a firewall.  Also what about file backup?  Thanks! ...

Need To Backup My Word Files And Autocorrect
Feb 06, 2012

Can someone please tell me how to back up word files and autocorrect. I would greatly appreciate it. Wendy ...

Word 2007 Autocorrect Backup
Feb 19, 2012

I do this every couple of months, but every time I have to really think about it  So can anyone tell me where the written instructions are on backing up my Autocorrect entries? ...

What Is The Purpose Of Giving You A Backup Account
Oct 03, 2013

You are just back at square one with the same problem, NO WORK. How about a true solution instead of just taking a meaningless action that solves nothing. ...

Backup Dictionary And Auto Correct Entries
Dec 09, 2009

Can someone please tell me how to back up my custom dictionary and auto correct entries in Word 2000?  Thank you so much! ...