A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is Nuance compatible with Windows 7/Vista 64 bit systems? sm - Want to apply--have Vista 64

Posted: Mar 21, 2011

I'm wondering because posting says now compatible with Windows 7/64 systems, but actual information on job info page for the application says 32 bit systems only but that is as of Feb. Anyone know for sure? I have 8 GB of memory and only Vista 64 and Windows 7 can utilize higher than 4 GB of memory.  The 32 bit systems can only utilize a max of 4 GB of memory.  Makes a huge difference.  TIA!

Unfortunately, most of these companies are not compatible with Windows 7 including Nuance.. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Just had my interview with them and they only accept Windows XP and Windows Vista 32-bit operating system. Don't even bother with them if you have Windows 7 or a 64 bit system. I am wondering when eScription and Dictaphone are going to upgrade their software so they can be in with the times of Windows 7.

Windows 7 - PCmomma

[ In Reply To ..]
I currently work for Nuance and work on Windows 7/64 bit version. Their ad on MT jobs posted 03/18/2011 also states that these are compatible.

Windows 7/Vista 64 sm - Nuance Wannabe

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I know. I saw that ad, that's why I applied. What program are you working in for Nuance? Escription, Dictaphone or something else?

Info recruiter sent says XP or 32 bit Vista only, so am wondering if that's just outdated material recruiter sent out or if operating system depends on the account you're assigned. Thanks for any info. Feel free to email me.

Windows 7 - PCmomma

[ In Reply To ..]
I work on the eScription platform. It s/l recruiters information is out of date. The best person to ask would be their tech dept.
Windows 7/64. Great! WIll do, and thank you so much! nm - Nuance wannabe
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I doubt you'd notice a difference. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
32-bit applications can only use up to 4GB of RAM, even on 64-bit Windows, so you're really not getting much from that extra memory.

Actually I am! Huge difference response wise. - Windows 64 versus 32

[ In Reply To ..]
The difference with 64 systems and 32 is that 64 systems utilize the full 4 MB versus 32 systems which utilize only 3 gb.

also, my system is ready for the new windows software--which we all no will be coming out one day. LOL

Similar Messages:

Is DocQScribe Compatible With Vista? Nm
Feb 20, 2010

xxx ...

Line Counter Compatible With Vista
Oct 25, 2009

does anyone know of a line counter that is compatible with Vista?     ...

Has Anyone Tried DQS With Vista Or Windows 7?
Jan 02, 2010

I need a new computer & would rather not have to buy a refurbished or special order from Dell just to get XP, so I'm wondering if anyone's been able to try the new Windows 7 or even Vista, though I'd prefer Windows 7 I think.  TIA!!! ...

Windows Vista And Express Scribe
Jan 11, 2010

I was wondering if anyone has been able to get express scribe to work properly, with Vista. I have tried every compatible mode and downloaded an add-on, that was suggested to make it work. I think I need to find another alternative. However, thought I might check here first. ...

How To Disable Cookies On Vista Windows
Jul 15, 2010

can you tell me where to find the place in my computer to disable cookies?  a tech did it for me today on my desktop and i want to do it on my laptop but don't remember where to find it.  i've been floundering around here 30 min and now can't find it...thanks. ...

Has Anyone Successfully Installed 6.1 On Windows Vista?
Sep 07, 2010

I haven't tried to install it yet but I'm seeing so many people reporting trouble that I'm afraid to even try.  This is my own computer and it runs Windows Vista.  What are my chances of having the new version 6.1 install without it turning into a nightmare?   ...

Vista Windows Mail Question
Jul 22, 2013

Hello all. I have Vista Windows Mail (it does not say Live Mail). I am wanting to alphabetize my contacts list in e-mail, but I see no place I can do that. There is an "organize" tab, but that is just for folders and things. Does anyone know how I can do this? Thanks so much! ...

Is SoftScript Compatible With Windows 7? Nm
Apr 03, 2012

ChartNet Compatible With Windows 7?
Jun 22, 2012

Hi all.  Is ChartNet compatible with Windows 7? TIA Bee ...

Windows 8 And DocQscribe 7.1 Compatible?
Oct 29, 2012

Does anyone know if the new Windows 8 is compatible with DocQscribe 7.1?  I really need a new laptop and see that since the new Windows 8 has come out it is harder to find a new computer with Windows 7 on it.  I'd appreciate anybody's input.  Thanks! ...

Anyone Hiring That Is Compatible With Windows 8 ???
Dec 28, 2012

Asking for a friend ... thanks! ...

Is Editscript Compatible With Windows 8?
Sep 18, 2013

I have been wanting to get a work laptop for a while now, but the only ones i can find are windows 8. Also, will the foot pedal work with this operating system?   Thanks, ire ...

Platform Compatible With Windows 8?
Jan 24, 2014

Does anyone know of a company that uses a platform compatible with Windows 8? ...

If Chartnet Is Compatible With Windows 8?
Feb 19, 2014

Does anyone know if Chartnet is compatible with windows 8?  I am getting so many winsock and other crazy errors everytime Im working with Chartnet - losing productivity.  I do not get these errors with any other software on my PC.  I use XP right now.  I am willing to purchase a new PC if it seems to be an issue with my PC and Chartnet!  My machine is 10+ years old with some updates, 3 GB ram and it shows 256 MB harddrive even though its a 500.  Processor is 2.0.  I know this is a litt ...

What Antivirus Is Compatible With The New Windows
Apr 20, 2014

My fiance put "Viper" on and it was not compatible with escription.  Any ideas?  TIA. ...

Shorthand Is Compatible With Windows 8.1 ?
May 28, 2015

Does anyone know if Shorthand is compatible with Windows 8.1? ...

Is Windows 7 In XP Mode Compatible With Editscript
Nov 01, 2010

Hi there. I have taken a job with a company who uses editscript which they tell me is only compatible with Windows XP. I am running Windows 7. On microsofts home page they have a download that will allow you to run 7 in XP mode for compatibility with older programs. I wondered if anyone has tried this or had any experience with this issue and editscript. I could just load a second OS on my computer but this download woud be much simpler and cheaper. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank ...

Is Windows 7 Compatible With MS Word 2003?
Jun 07, 2011

thanks ...

Does Anyone Know If EMDAT/Inscribe Is Compatible With Windows 8.1?
Nov 27, 2014

I have a Windows 8 currently in the process of automatic updating and I am afraid it wont work with EMDAT/Inscribe. ...

Is Escription Compatible With Word/windows 2007?
Jul 12, 2010

Hello!  My laptop just went kaput and I want to buy a new one but all of the computers these days come with windows 2007/word 7.  Does anyone know if escription is compatible with this operating system?  Does anyone know how to contact escription to find out? ...

Windows 7 Compatible Software/foot Pedal
Sep 14, 2010

Hi, My 3-year-old Windows XP laptop crashed on Monday; thankfully my 7-year-old Windows XP desktop still chugs along (slowly) and I've been able to do my transcription work without a glitch (for the most part). However, I need to get a new laptop, and I'm going to be buying a Windows 7 laptop. My boyfriend already has a Windows 7 and he is testing my transcription software and foot pedal on the virtual Windows XP mode that Windows 7 Professional comes with. The problem is that while ...

64 Bit -- Compatible With Transcend/Nuance??
Oct 03, 2012

just got a new computer, and realized the box says 64 bit -- I think i remember being told that is not compatible with the job stuff.  Do you know????  what is that mean anyway, "bit"? ...

Does Anyone Know If Nuance Platforms Are Compatible With Office 365?
Oct 26, 2014

Hello.  I am looking into a job with Nuance and am wondering if their platforms are compatible with Microsoft Office 365?  I was told by the recruiter I need at minimum Microsoft Word 2007 Professional.  I have Microsoft Office 2003 Student/Teacher right now and I would rather get all the programs if I could.  That is where the question is coming from.  Thanks! ...

How Many Nuance MTs Have Windows XP
Apr 06, 2014

1. Do you need to buy a new computer?  2. Do you need to buy Microsoft Office?  3. Can your Windows XP be upgraded.  4. Do you have a company computer?  5. Why is Nuance making it mandatory to replace Windows XP?     ...

Vista Conversion
Nov 01, 2009

Hello!  I have an Acer desktop that is a vista.  My old computer was an XP, and I still have the hard drive that I removed from it before I gave it away.  Is it possible that I can remove the Vista hard drive from my present computer and replace it with the XP hard drive from my previous computer?  (I don't remember the name of my previous computer).  Thanks! ...

ANY COMPANIES USE VISTA
Nov 09, 2009

Any companies use Vista.  Thank you ...

Vista And EMDAT...
Dec 09, 2009

For those that use Vista and EMDAT/Inscribe, have you had problems downloading and using the platform?  If so, what issues did you encounter?  Thanks!! ...

Can Vista And EMDAT Be Used Together? Are There Any
Dec 09, 2009

nm ...

Question About Vista
Jul 11, 2010

I just got a new computer with Vista and can't get DQscribe to download.  Is Vista compatable with DQscribe?  Thanks! ...

MModal's DQS 7.1 And Vista
Oct 05, 2012

Hey MModal MT's, Do any of you guys work on Vista in the new DQS 7.1?   I have a company-issued computer, but my laptop runs on Vista.  Just wondering is DQS 7.1 will run okay with Vista.   ...