A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Help - somebody smarter than me! - Anon

Posted: Feb 12, 2010

Windows will never let me have more than one window open at a time.   For instance, right nows in MT Stars, and if I click on google, it closes MT Stars.  Same thing in google, can only have one window open. 

This is driving me nuts, and I've spent hours and hours searching for an answer. 

Anon - r we done yet

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you using a work computer? If so, that's how it's structured. Minimize one screen and then open internet explorer. It should leave both windows open afterwards.

windows - onlyhuman

[ In Reply To ..]
I just open another internet explorer. You can copy an icon for yourself and keep it on your desktop. And if I have to do what you do I just open the other one and shrink it down. But remember which one is the current (important) one you are using for work. The other one should be closed when not using it. So that means I open mine a few times during the day.

Did you go to "File" and click on "New Tab?" nm - That works for me????

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Nothing works - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I've tried everything. If I click on "new tab" I get a screen telling me about tabs, and then everything closes.

some platforms simply do not allow multiple windows - to be HIPAA compliant

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked on a platform like that years ago and had to quit. My only alternative was to have 2 computers so I could do research on one and work on the second...I didn't know anyone was still doing this. Sorry for your pain.
I got it - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Took hours, but I finally got it. In Internet Explorer:

Click tools
Click internet options
Click general
Click tabs
Click settings
Click a new window.

Yippee!
good for you! - thanks for posting the steps- n/m
[ In Reply To ..]

try an IE repair - Snow Bunny

[ In Reply To ..]
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q318378

Similar Messages:

Is There A Smarter Way To Do ASR? (sm)
Aug 06, 2010

Okay, so I've been typing over 30 yrs. now and I am FAST (and accurate).  So I was told that ASR rate lower because editing would be faster.  As you all probably agree, this is NOT the case.  I truthfully know that I could type these reports faster than I can edit them.  I am pushing myself as fast as I can to edit.  Note, even when straight typing, I find myself typing as fast as most of them dictate (in fact, often sit waiting for dictation to continue).  Pl ...

Getting Better And Smarter
Apr 18, 2012

ASR:  C Paxil Lopressor versus the Paxil a high to normal Dict:  Well-differentiated hepatocellular carcinoma versus hepatocellular adenoma.  As far as I can tell, NOT ONE SINGLE WORD CORRECT so basically I am typing for 60% of what I used to make.  ...

Help From Somebody Smarter Than Me!
Jul 14, 2012

How can I save myself some time and make a desktop shortcut for the DQS7 manual? Right clicking the mouse and "insert shortcut" would, of course, be waaaaay to simple for Mmodal! ...

Our ASR Is Finally Smarter Than A PA.
Feb 04, 2011

After months of having to change it, ASR is finally putting in palpation when the dictator says palpitation, as in tender to palpitation.  It's about time. ...