A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is there a smarter way to do ASR? (sm) - jfb

Posted: Aug 06, 2010

Okay, so I've been typing over 30 yrs. now and I am FAST (and accurate).  So I was told that ASR rate lower because editing would be faster.  As you all probably agree, this is NOT the case. 

I truthfully know that I could type these reports faster than I can edit them.  I am pushing myself as fast as I can to edit.  Note, even when straight typing, I find myself typing as fast as most of them dictate (in fact, often sit waiting for dictation to continue).  Plus, all this stopping and starting every other word is actually slower, not to mention very tiring on my eyes, hands, etc.

So sorry I'm rambling on here -- just discouraged.  Wonder if it would be smarter to just highlight and delete all the ASR text and just type the note.  So I'm only getting ASR rate, but wouldn't it be faster and less stressful to do all this "wonderful" editing?  What do you all do?   This is a pitiful lie they have handed us (telling us we can make MORE money editing even at the lower ASR rate).  I'm so tired and disgusted with this idiot treatment they have dished out to all of us.  :-(

If I find I'm doing fixing every word or 2, I delete the text and type it sm - mqmt

[ In Reply To ..]
It is so much faster that way but you do spend more time fixing than reading. Wonder too why some are almost picture perfect while others are a mess! Some will say they can check keystrokes but my sister-in-law has been doing it for several years now and has not been told not to.

VR - countrygirlMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I do the same thing. If in the first couple of sentences, I am having to stop and edit every other word, I just delete the entire report and straight type. It is faster for me to straight type anyway, and saves my sanity! There are several docs that I know VR will butcher, I don't even mess with it, just delete and straight type! I have tried all the short cuts, all the hot keys, everything, and it just does not make me go any faster. This is absolutely absurd.

Smarter way? I wish - Adios

[ In Reply To ..]
ASR is a fraud. I really still believe there is nobody running the show presently. I recently sent a concern to support and it was forwarded to CCM and I was told was not correctable at present. Ya right, because there is nobody on board to correct it.

At the very, very least, to make ASR legitimate it should be programmed to QA standards as far as numbers, dangerous abbreviations, etc.

I, too, would love to hear smarter ways. I think I may try typing over today just to see what happens. I can't believe it would lower my line count.

It is getting worse by the day and the only explanation I can come up with, is there are hundreds of us doing our own thing and nobody running the show. The program is crashing and burning before our very eyes. Why is nobody running the show? Possibly because any programmer with any ethics cannot stand to work for MQ.

Have you tried unchecking cursor tracking? - MTMeeMaw

[ In Reply To ..]
From Tools menu, choose options and uncheck the box on the speech recognition tab tagged cursor tracking. This allows you to control where the cursor stops when you pause the audio. Helped me tremendously because I didn't have to back up the cursor to the error.

Thanks for the tip, will try it. nm - jfb

[ In Reply To ..]
:-)

Similar Messages:

Help - Somebody Smarter Than Me!
Feb 12, 2010

Windows will never let me have more than one window open at a time.   For instance, right nows in MT Stars, and if I click on google, it closes MT Stars.  Same thing in google, can only have one window open.  This is driving me nuts, and I've spent hours and hours searching for an answer.      ...

Getting Better And Smarter
Apr 18, 2012

ASR:  C Paxil Lopressor versus the Paxil a high to normal Dict:  Well-differentiated hepatocellular carcinoma versus hepatocellular adenoma.  As far as I can tell, NOT ONE SINGLE WORD CORRECT so basically I am typing for 60% of what I used to make.  ...

Help From Somebody Smarter Than Me!
Jul 14, 2012

How can I save myself some time and make a desktop shortcut for the DQS7 manual? Right clicking the mouse and "insert shortcut" would, of course, be waaaaay to simple for Mmodal! ...

Our ASR Is Finally Smarter Than A PA.
Feb 04, 2011

After months of having to change it, ASR is finally putting in palpation when the dictator says palpitation, as in tender to palpitation.  It's about time. ...