A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

magic words in email don't bode well - sm

Posted: Feb 25, 2014

Got email that ended with "exciting changes coming."

At Nuance exciting change = pay cut.

I didn't get that email. - Are you from a new acquisition?

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

nope, not from a new acquisition - thats how i know

[ In Reply To ..]
exciting change for Nuance = MLS pay cut

I'm not new either. I did not get that email. - Is it from your TSM?

[ In Reply To ..]
or from someone else?
of course it was from TSM - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Barely get emails from anyone else!! It was just her usual daily email BS that ended with that "music to my ears" little line that makes me smell trouble ahead.
Exciting changes or music to my ears? - Are you stirring up trouble here?
[ In Reply To ..]
If not, please forgive my question, but please also don't be so vague.
Its called sarcasm - geez
[ In Reply To ..]
We really must try to keep our sense of humors here but I guess I shouldn't have mentioned it since now I am stirring up trouble. No more words from me!!
I think we're all sensitive about things and a huge pay cut - is nothing to be humorous about.
[ In Reply To ..]
Believe me, I liked myself a whole lot better when I had a sense of humor. That was gone with the pay cut.

There are big changes coming to FIESA - Removing critique that is "punitive" and no more

[ In Reply To ..]
If you read the newsletter you will learn more about it. :)

..and no more points off for blanks for any reason - my last msg cut out :)

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

I read the newsletter and wished I could have marked off - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
for the errors I found and messed with somebody's bonus, lol!

and that's as it should be - an MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance's QA is/was ridiculous. Marking people off for blanks is ludicrous.

newsletter - YD

[ In Reply To ..]
Could you tell us exactly what newsletter you are referring to that contains information about blanks? I don't seem to have gotten it. I got an e-mail a while back to the "Link" newsletter but it did not contain anything about QC or QA policy. What is the date of the newsletter you referenced? Thanks in advance.

Yuckkkkk! I hate "exciting changes." The - only ones that "exciting changes" -sm

[ In Reply To ..]
ever benefit are the bloated slugs at the top of the dung heap.

That's the truth! They get all excited when - xxx

[ In Reply To ..]
our pay is being cut and our benefits are decreased. I bet they all just pee in their pants from excitement every time we get screwed somehow.

Exciting Changes - GrannyG

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, exciting changes. The changes are more and more accounts have gone to EMR and who wasn't told? US!!!! They squirrel out every bit of lifeblood you have for weeks on end making you feel "undevoted" to your job if you don't oblige them with extra work (for very little pay) and then when the plug is pulled they don't even have the decency to level with us and let us know anything. The same identical thing happened with another company I was with...GCT...heck, at least they would send us an email and lie to us, telling us it was merely a slow time and it will pick back up. These people just think the best thing to do is not say anything and hopefully we will all just go away. OK, if that's what they want, no problemo. MT is a dying profession for real. You never get a pay increase...NEVER!!!!! The companies out there hiring are hiring on at the same pay scale they were hiring on at 10 years ago. If you have a LOT of years under your belt you might get a half cent per line more, but that's it. You will hire on at that but you will never see another increase. Any extra money you make from the company is made simply by working your guts out until your brain feels fried. I'm finding something else. I have to. I can't make a living in this business any longer. I'm tired of the big corporate big dogs sitting around and taking 22.5 cents a line while they give us 7.5 (8.5 if your very lucky). Wake up people. It's O-V-E-R! Thanks to all this new healthcare mess, this is all part of it. It's MANDATED and MUST happen. It puts MTs out in the cold. You can go and tag along behind a doctor 9-10 hours a day and be their "Scribe" and be exposed to every blasted germ known to man or you can find another equally rewarding medical job. I'm out of medicine completely. Good luck to all of you.

Similar Messages:

Magic Jack
Feb 09, 2010

Has anyone heard of the magic jack?  If so, do you know if it will work with a dictaphone c phone?  ...

MEDITECH MAGIC HELP
Jun 30, 2010

Is anyone currently working on Meditech Magic platform and using Autocorrects?  I cannot find where or how to add these on the Magic platform.  Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!! ...

S/l Magic Ink Artifact?
May 26, 2011

Never heard this one before...doing radiology and he can't see something, states it could be due to ___ artifact.  S/l 'magic ink' artifact but I'm not sure.  Thanks! ...

Magic Jack Plus
Feb 12, 2012

Has anybody used the Magic Jack Plus, and would you recommend it?  Thank you! ...

Meditech Magic Platform
Jun 30, 2010

Hi, I was wondering if anyone is famiiliar with the Meditech Magic platform and how to use Autocorrects?  I recently started a new job with this platform and cannot find where or how to add Autocorrects.  Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!  Thank you. ...

Magic Jack & C-phone
Jul 01, 2011

Just wondering if they work well together.  Any info appreciated.  TIA ...

Magic Butt Cream
Aug 30, 2011

Does anyone know what this cream consists of or what acid is in this cream? I have a provider who says this cream is compounded by several ingredients and one of them sounds like "M&M acid." Can anyone tell me what this is, as I cannot find it anywhere :( Thank you. ubby_g ...

How Can I Be More Productive Using VR.... What Are The Magic Keys???
Aug 24, 2012

What are the most important things I need to know?  This will be my first time trying VR... I have tried over the years to get away from it and finally it has caught up with me.  I have been a transcriptionist for 30+ years. ...

A Nice Benefit To Magic Jack
Mar 17, 2010

While it may not work for actual long-distance phone calls, especially for use with C-phones, Go-to-meeting, and such as that, I found a nice benefit today to having the Magic Jack.  It has call forwarding that can be turned on and off.  So, I use my magic jack number for job contacts.   I have calls forwarded to my home office number only during working hours.  The magic jack phone does not have to be actually connected to the computer, and the computer does not have to ...

Magic Jack Questions?? Experience ?
Aug 22, 2011

anyone tried Magic Jack with a Lanier Voice Writer?  I was successful with it on a little dial-in dictation system I had for a long time with a doc dialing into it, but I think this digital signal thing in the Lanier going over the Voip connection is just too much for it.  But, I though I would ask.  Really tired of paying for an unlimited landline when this is so cheap.  There is a newer one out, can't recall the name right now but its supposed to be much better, b ...

Magic Jack And Lanier LX230/VTI
Sep 21, 2014

Does anyone know if the above transcriber unit will work with Magic Jack if you do not have a land line?  ...

Does Magic Jack Unlimited Long Distance Work With C-phone?
Aug 25, 2010

Vonage or has anyone successfully used Magic Jack with a local number for C-phone? ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Is Anyone Having Email Issues. Just Tried To Reply To An Email And It Didnt Work.
Dec 02, 2014

x ...

Vent - MQCentral Email Is The Lousiest Email
Dec 07, 2010

system devised!  It never seems to work and is so unbelievably slow I can't stand it!!  Glad I got that off my chest. ...

Good Ole MM. They Want Us Perfect But Their Email Saying Email Purge
Oct 19, 2012

x ...

Do They Send Rejection Email To Your Testing Email?
Mar 20, 2014

s ...

Imedx Email. How Do You Delete An Email?
Apr 06, 2015

I see nothing. ...

? On Words
Oct 16, 2009

I am wondering on clean void urine culture, do I need to put a slash in between clean and void? Then when I have to write grade II, do I capitalize the word Grade? I have this sentence I am trying to get too. Conization was repeated and showed benign e_____ cervical p_______? The words start with them but I can not find anything, the last word sounds like polarization? If anybody has a isea, that will help. Here is another on too, The pateint was _____ and fever resolved? It sounds like defe ...

Need Two Words Please
Oct 19, 2009

This is a Op Note for a AAA surgery . ..    1.  . . we used the glide catheter to exchange the Terumo wires to the s/l "lun-di-cris" wires.   2.  We were able to pass a 16 sheath on the right and had to bare back the left limb using an s/l "An-u-rex" 16 x 115 mm contralateral limb.   ...

I Am So Sorry But I Have 2 Words...
Oct 20, 2009

does not have a history of migraines, tics, or 'paramyoconus' no varus or valgus angulation of the 'os calculus' ...

Need Help With 2 More Words
Dec 10, 2009

s/l rim plassage-type procedure (for Hill-Sachs lesion) s/l Hill-Sachs lesion on his ray vast in MRI findings   "Ray vast" and "rim plassage" are the words that I can't figure out. My orthbook hasn't arrives yet so I'm struggling to figure out what these words are. Any help you can offer is much appreciated. ...

Words Help Please
Jan 04, 2010

CHEST: There is exclusive _____ coronary discomfort withmyofascial trigger point and two infrascapular point.The first word for the first blank it sound like pulseso. If you can help. I want to say thanks in advance. I have slow her voice downand I am still unable to figure what she is saying. Oh, I guess that the reasonI do not know what she is saying is because she have an accent. Love andpeace. ...

ENT Words
Apr 30, 2010

I have a word I just can't get.  context is:  bilateral inferior turbinates were very large all the way back to the s/l culinae?  no clue, please help.  thanks. ...

What Are These Words!
May 27, 2010

Patient denies any melena changing bowel habits. Medicature(???- no clue what that would be) hematemesis. Patient denies any syncope, vertigo, hemiparesis or parastitious( ????-no such word found, but I am hearing that way) except for the feeling of numbness in his feet. Please help! ...

What Are The 2 Words?
Jun 03, 2010

Complete blood count (CBC) which revealed white blood count of 12,400 with 45 poly's, 12 fans (not able to make out the word), 32 lymphs, 5 monos and 6 atypical lymphs. Stool cultures were negative. The Rotosan (unable to make out the word) was still pending at this time. Please help. ...

OB/GYN Words
Aug 19, 2010

I have little experience in OB/GYN but I find myself having to type a couple tonight.  Procedure:  D&C Word sounds like "Owl" Stirrups and "retro" speculum was used. (Is there a common type used because I could be hearing this "retro completely wrong since he is speeding through it.) Thanks for any feedback fellow MT's!  ...

Two Words
Sep 18, 2010

What in the world do you think this is?  Any help would be appreciated!!   On S/L propap  day no. 1 the patient was without complaints.  The patient suddenly became confused, agitated, and delusional.  Thanks ...

3 Little Words
Sep 26, 2010

3 words I cannot for the life of me figure out!!!  Any help would be appreidated A (s/l gore disease) that show (s/l mememorially) of normal appearance.  Tubules are not remarkable.  Interstitial tissue showed no noteworthy change.  (s/l Pelbees) are not remarkable.Thanks in advance ...

Help With Words
Mar 17, 2011

I am doing a dictation report in Urology and in the list of impressions, the doctors dictates: Hyponatremia, probably secondary to hyperglycemia. (sounds like he says "transficate" artificial and "transficies" amd Zarololyn. These words beginning with "t" have me stumped and in all my time of transcribing, cannot comprehend what is actually being dictated relating to the condition. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance. ...