A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Walk-Out on May 1st? Is anyone actually doing this? - CaliMT

Posted: Apr 26, 2012

What's this I hear about a Walk-out/Sick-out on May 1st?  Just curious if anyone's actually doing this or is it just wishful thinking ...

. - .

[ In Reply To ..]

It would be totally awesome if a majority - Gutsy?

[ In Reply To ..]
of us had the guts to do this-what could they do-can't fire us all can they? Oh, listen to us maybe! Phones would be ringing off the wall, no more status quo, reports out of TAT, clients screaming, begging us to come back to work! Truckers do it, teachers do it, even athletes who make millions do it, and guess what, they get results! Alas, it won't happen though, not enough with guts to do it. Regardless, May 1st, "Oh, I am so sick."

I hope - everyone

[ In Reply To ..]
does that or demands a raise with consequences--you will leave, or just quit. I am leaning toward the latter. Not working out a my new job. Slave waves, ridiculous speech wreck.

wages - SadMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I too hate the speech recognition. I work twice as hard to get less than I would typing. It does not seem fair. Am looking for a straight typing job. I do not need a lot of money, just want to have enough to pay for things. Feel sorry for people taking training thinking that they are going to get a good paycheck as that is all in the past.

It's a nationwide workers' protest affiliated with OWS. - Although its not planned as an MT - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
walkout, what better time to do so? Besides, it's only for just ONE day. It's perfect time to use a little bit of that PTO, and get out there and shine a little light on just one of many corners of the country where workers are being ripped off by greed at the top.

one day - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
does absolutely nothing, hardly even makes a statement. The difference between us and trucker strikes, etc, is that patient care is affected by our working or not. Unfortunately the current economy and all make it even more unlikely that employers will care about our plight or listen; the leverage is in their favor. Don't delude yourselves or risk your job for someones ideology.

. - .

[ In Reply To ..]
just my opinion?? yes, but that is what this board is for - geez. no message
[ In Reply To ..]
x

patient care - is what

[ In Reply To ..]
happens between the patient and doctor, the patient and nurse, the pateint and x-ray tech, the patient and med tech who draws blood, the patient and CNA, the patient and the pharmacist, not MTs. Don't kid yourself. Other hospital workers don't even know we are here. And if the hospital administrators thought MTs were responsible for patient care or part of the team, they would not have replaced us with speech wreck.

Hey, I do a damn good job and care about the quality of my work, by my paycheck tells me they don't care about me or respect the quality of my work.

One day matters to me. Someone may hear my voice and read my tweets MedicalTranscription @MT_take_action. You can read tweets without a twitter account.
you are wrong. they do know we are here when - they need the information
[ In Reply To ..]
that is contained in our transcription/editing.
This is absolutely right-I interviewed at a local - Disgusted
[ In Reply To ..]
hospital this week, and they actually had the transcriptionists in the BASEMENT and offered me $10.00 for cancer care clinic-naturally, I said NO THANKS! Just pitiful!
basements - parking lot fumes
[ In Reply To ..]
My first hospital transcription job was in a basement and the only ventilation sucked air in from the physician's parking lot.

Now I am in a editing situation and having the life sucked out of me.

Similar Messages:

We Need To Do A Walk Out.
Apr 16, 2013

I know we see these once in a while,  think we need to shake up things, maybe it will show we are fed up with how we have been treated, our livelihood dismantled, it will get attention. Not enough people in India to do it all! yet!  I think a Monday would be a good day. ...

About To Walk
Jan 28, 2015

I am one of the few straight typing MTs left in the company.  I came on board 3 years ago as a result of an acquisition.  The new policies starting at the beginning of 2015 are making it nearly impossible to do my job, almost as if they are trying to force me out.  Seriously.  I am struggling like I never have, and I have been doing this job for more than 2 decades.  Now, we have been told we will also be required to work in Fluency.  Judging from the comments, this ...

Medquist - Just Walk Away
Mar 10, 2010

To all the wonderful MTs out there, just turn off those computers and walk away.  Try to find another job first though, but do it.  I did and I am cannot believe what better companies there are out there.  I did send my supervisor an e-mail that I couldn't take it any longer and quit that day.  I was sorry I did that.  I never heard back from her, all I got were shipping labels and an snotty phone call about returning the computer.  I did return it in my own sw ...

Walk A Mile In My NJA
Sep 17, 2011

never experienced NJA accuse us of being lazy or not willing to work on other accounts? Never fails to amaze me how easy it is for those with "great CCMs, never experiencing NJA because accounts seldom out of work" to assume that WE are the ones not doing something right. ...

Medquist - Just Walk Away Continued
Mar 11, 2010

Whether you are "making it" at MQ (and for the life of me I don't know how), that really isn't the issue.  MQ is treating his MTs like slaves and for a pittance.  They degrade you, monitor you, have supervisors who are tyrants, unnecessary meetings, more hoops than you can throw a stick at and guess what, they are going to send everything over to India.  There are not enough qualified MTs any longer to support these huge companies; just look at Spheris.  The higher ...

Do You Guys Cold Call/walk In To Offices For New Business?
May 01, 2013

I feel like I'm getting to the point where I can't rely on new business finding me.  I recently took over in the family business and have not yet just walked into offices to see if a doctor would like to switch transcription services. Have you guys done this?  What's your experience?  Who do you ask for? Thanks to all that reply. ...

Doc Says "walk And Tandem Gait Intact."
Jul 13, 2012

? ...