A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Did you take a job here despite warnings not to? - SM

Posted: May 04, 2013

Poll:

Did you take a job at Nuance despite warnings from people on this board not to?  Show of hands, please.

If you have been with Nuance for 3 months or more and took the job despite warnings not to and are content and even happy with your job, LIKE.  

If you have taken a job at Naunce and worked there for more than 3 months (despite warnings not to take the job) and are not happy with your job, DISLIKE. 

Could also add, if you were *bought out* and had no choice - in the matter, like & dislike here:

[ In Reply To ..]
If you were bought out and enjoy the results, "like" here. If bought out and not happy, "dislike" here.

(I never would have sought employment at Nuance voluntarily, knowing what I knew back when, even. R.I.P. Encompass. First bought-out "dislike" coming up.)

Interesting, about a 50:50 ratio of voluntary vs. involuntary Nuance employees answered so far. - That would have been my guess.

[ In Reply To ..]
21 voluntarily applied vs. 19 bought out at this point. I wonder if that's about the company ratio too, or just of those who participate on this board.

I wasn't bought but Im not really voluntary - MTgirl

[ In Reply To ..]
I stay because Im pregnant and need the benefits. That and when I look around the grass doesn't seem greener with only 2 years experience.

bought out - workhorse

[ In Reply To ..]
I also would never have chosen to work for Nuance. Just as I did not choose to work for MedQuist and even turned down an offer from them years before they became the Pac-Man and ate up the good companies, only to have YOG bought out. Yes, Encompass is deeply missed.

Similar Messages:

Thank You All For Warnings About Nuance
Feb 15, 2013

Thanks for the warnings - Yes, I also read on these boards over and over again just how bad it could be to work for Nuance, but I did not listen. I truly thought things would be different for me. Thank you to all the former MTs with all of the warnings about Nuance --  and NOW, finally, I can see exactly what everyone was talking about. I have now seen the light and finally rid myself of the misery related to working at Nuance. No more misery -- I am outta here !! Adios Nuance. ...

Any Yet Gotten Warnings For Not Being Able To ...see Message
Sep 27, 2013

get your required hours in because of OOW/NJA, outside commitments, 2nd jobs, sleep...anyone? ...

Verbal Warnings...has Anyone Had This????
Feb 24, 2015

So I am curious if anyone else has experienced this or can explain this to me b/c I am not getting any answers...regarding verbal warnings. I recieved one not too long ago. Rightfully so. Had not met a certain criteria for months. It came in the form of a phone call with no mention of a PAP and the word was not ever used. I received a form to sign and signed it. It said I had to immediately show significant improvement or rectify it completely. My TSM said she'd call me in 2 weeks and by th ...

Verbal Warnings...
Feb 25, 2015

went back another week before my call?! I'm so confused. I was told the other day they counted the week prior to my verbal warning. Now was just told by HR they counted the week before that too?!??!! Can someone explain that to me?! The weeks before the call are what prompted the call to begin with. When you tell someone hey get your crap togther isn't it from that moment on ? How can you count weeks before that when they were unaware? Am I missing something? I was told if I dont sign ...