A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Job hunt - birdlady11

Posted: Aug 03, 2011

Recent CS Honors Graduate....

It seems that I cannot find work!  I really do not understand, but it seems that even though you have graduated with Honors that companies will not hire you without experience.  How are you to get experience if you are not hired?

Suggestions, anyone?

Thank you!

birdlady1 - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
The hard fact is that MTSOs do not care if you graduated with honors. (I myself do think it is a worthy achievement that you have honors, and I congratuate you.) Potential employers do care if you trained with the SUM program, if wherever you trained had real, live instructors, etc. (as opposed to using answer keys, etc.). Those are the hiring facts of life. Have you tried getting your foot in the door by working for a doctor's office/clinic? Or applying at local hospitals within whatever radius you would be willing to drive? Some hospitals are bringing the work back in-house. One final thought: Doesn't your school have some sort of placement program? Good luck to you!

getting hired - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
I echo OldPro's thoughts.

All schooling is not equal. I wish I could talk to all people contemplating taking an MT course because I'd let them know to make sure you choose a school that helps you find work, that uses the SUM program, that has real instructors, and that will actually make it so you can WORK as (not just study to be) an MT.

I would recommend that you try finding a local clinic or hospital and see if you can get your foot in the door. Your odds are better than finding something online at this time.

Similar Messages:

Job Hunt Question
Jul 14, 2011

Question:  I have been talking to a couple of companies and one I was talking to quite a bit.  This company asked me a few questions and I wrote back last night (we were writing back and forth a few times about the job and my resume, etc).  Now today I have heard absolutely nothing.  Should I be concerned?  I am always worried I have said the wrong thing when people seem really interested and then all of a sudden are MIA.  Should I wait until tomorrow to write back ...

Best Site To Job Hunt?
Jul 31, 2014

What is the best website to look for MT job openings? ...

So While I'm OOW, I Decided To Job Hunt. Sm
Jan 21, 2015

I found several MT companies. When I clicked on "Heartland Info Services" - guess who popped up? NUANCE. WTH? Uh, no thanks. Trying to leave this place. Pretty shaddy of them to use a different name. ...

New Career Job Hunt Query
Mar 25, 2013

Hello, all- I am in search of non-MT work.  I have noticed a lot of sites (like indeed.com) who show listings of jobs in my area when I do a general Google search.  For instance, I'll type in something like receptionist jobs, then my city and state, and I get choices for indeed.com, etc. Does anyone know if the person who applies has to pay a fee or percentage of their pay for a period of time, if they land the job? Thanks! Trying desperately to get out of MT, but I don't ...