A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anybody here at MTec right now? - see message

Posted: Sep 01, 2010

My instructor resigned (and she was my 2nd one and I loved her).  I heard in my study group another instructor was let go.  Now the cmopany (Webmedx) that owns Mtec is letting MTs go.  I am seriously worried.  Are we going to be able to get through our course?  Will there be any jobs?  I feel sick.

I would call the school and just talk with them. I'm sure - they will be able to reassure and provide answers.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

former M-TECer here - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I doubt they would be letting go teachers one at a time if they were planning on closing down. They may be intending on making the school smaller, though, because I can't imagine enrollment is up in this current climate. Good luck.

More than 1 instructor is gone this week. Lost mine, too. - (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
My husband is really wanting me to quit the program. It seems that there won't be any jobs and that schools are even having problems.

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion because all situations/schools aren't the same - What is that old saying

[ In Reply To ..]
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs...

There are very few good MT schools. There are even fewer good students I would imagine. If you are a good student from a good school, I think you'll be fine.

M-TEC - Winifred

[ In Reply To ..]
It is disheartening to have an instructor leave. People resign for all different reasons and most of them have not much to do with their position. Times and places go through changes but M-TEC and the instructors who still remain, most of them for long periods, by the way, still is the same school it has been since its inception. Some of the names will change. That happens wherever you work, but the commitment to helping people become good MTs is still very much in evidence and the grads are finding employment and write daily to tell of their success. You have to have faith and just do your work and graduate. Do well, and remember that change can be a good thing too.

Thanks Winifred. I'd rather have her back though. - Deserved a raise, IMO. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

M-TEC - momof3

[ In Reply To ..]
I graduated from M-TEC in March, 2010. I started my first job in May. My first instructor left due to a family emergency, but I do believe she has come back. She was wonderful. My 2nd instructor was horrible. I believe she is one of the ones that was let go. Next week I am starting a 2nd job with a different company. I love my first job but unfortunately I do not have enough work to keep me busy. I am fortunate enough to have found a great 2nd job to work - so hopefully between the 2 I will stay busy enough. I also work outside the home as I am the only income for my family. I am hoping to have enough work by the spring to be able to quit my outside job and work my 2 MT jobs from home. I do love what I do and am fortunate to have the ability to do it from home. Best of luck to you all!

Similar Messages:

Does Anyone If Mtec Updated Their Cds
Jun 23, 2012

Hi all. This is for anyone who's graduated from the M-Tec program recently or knows anything about M-Tec. Do they still have the same SUM transcription audios? I'm hoping they updated that part of their curriculum, and would like to know if that's been done yet. thank you. ...

MTEC Closed
May 06, 2014

I graduated from there 3 years ago.  Gave up on a MT career but still get their employment opportunity emails.  The one today said they're closed.  News to me.  Anyone know why?  ...

MTEC Is Closed
May 08, 2014

Their last day was May 5.  It looks like they're closing down services to grads, too, something I thought would never go away.  In my mind, there is no doubt transcription is a sinking ship.  ...

More And Positive Changes Happening With MTEC
Mar 10, 2010

Starting immediately, the 9 month program will be a 12 month program. (The reason why they shortened the program at all was to apply for national accrediation which would allow students to apply for grants.) Starting April 1st, no retakes on tests, and we will now be grading all the advanced reports that you are currently doing for review. There is also a failure to progress policy which states that a student must submit 50% of the work for the month or be put on academic probation. If they d ...

Are Andrews, MTec And CareerStep Still Considered The Top 3?
Dec 28, 2011

Just a general question and it seems that these are the top three as far as offering the best education and preparedness for certification.  Enrolling has me a bit nervous, so I want to make sure I'm getting my money's (and time's) worth. TIA!!! ...

Why Do Topics Disappear? Looking For Discussion From A Day Or So Ago About Webmedx/MTEC
Mar 12, 2010

There was a discussion started a couple days ago discussing MTEC and the relationship with Webmedx that was interesting, and I can not find it anywhere. Any ideas where it went off to, and if it disappeared, why?!? Thanks!! ...

MTEC Student Seeking Graduation/job Search Advise
Mar 04, 2011

Hi MT stars:  I am a student approaching graudation in June.  As I get to the close of my education, I want to seek expert direction in the way I should go to ensure success.  Can anyone please help and guide me in the way I should go? 1)  Should I take the CMT course offered to enhance my resume, not to mention my skills?  When should I take it, i.e., after I finish the education, or in the last session or other? 2)  When should I start seeking for my employment, ...

Nuance Acquires Webmedx And MTEC--press Release
Jul 14, 2011

http://www.nuance.com/company/news-room/press-releases/NC_017438 It's a sad day.    ...