A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

do you really need 4 MB download internet speed? - recent buyout

Posted: Sep 14, 2011

The offer packet says we have to have 4 to 8 MB download speed. Do you really need that much speed? Living in the country, my average high-speed is 1.5 MB download and 0.54 upload. What I have works fine for me now, but will that be a problem working for MQ?

that is NOT the problem your gonna have - with the Q

[ In Reply To ..]
BUT WHATEVER!

I know.. :( - recent buyout

[ In Reply To ..]
I read lots of NJA on here and other stuff, but I guess I'm hoping that at least for the time being I'll be able to stay on my current account for at least a few months without much of a cut in pay. I hope. Obviously I have reservations about this whole thing. :(

recent buyout - Former MT

[ In Reply To ..]
All I can say is, so sorry for your loss.... the loss of loving your job, the loss of pay you will receive, the loss of feeling valued....I had reservations too, felt (hoped) everyone on here complaining about the Q were slackers.... then the bad things started happening-4 months out, first pay cut, it was all downhill from there. Best of luck!

That's ridiculous. You don't need near that. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
What you have is perfectly fine and you won't notice a thing. For years I had a little less than 1 mb/s download and 375 kb/s upload and never had a single problem. I can't believe they are asking for that type of speed. Totally unnecessary. I'm in the country also and just recently got 3 mb/s download and I've been at MQ for 10 years.

thank you - recent buyout

[ In Reply To ..]
thanks for answering my question.

WOW, ONLY 1 MB DOWNLOAD?? - I have up to 12

[ In Reply To ..]
The faster you download and upload your reports, the more $$$ you make. I can't imagine how slow 1 MB download would be. Before I switched ISP providers, I had 6 MB and the difference now is phenomenal!! To each his own but people complaining all the time about not making money. The speed of your computer and internet has a lot to do with your money making ability! IMO

I have what I have... - recent buyout

[ In Reply To ..]
it's not like I have a choice, I actually have DSL and cable broadband and they both give me this. It's called living in the country. It's not my CHOICE to have slow high-speed and I know if it was faster it equals more money, it's called doing the best with what you got!

I also have 1.5. - Everything is instant

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know how much difference it would make. I don't need to wait for anything with my 1.5. I get all jobs the instant I upload the previous and database searches pop right up as soon as I hit the keys. I honestly can say that my fingers never stop moving between reports. I believe it to be more the speed of the computer itself than anything.

good to know - current buyout

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks, that's good to know. I've never had a problem with my speed and working. I'm sure faster would be better, but that's the best speed available to me.

Internet Speed - MQR

[ In Reply To ..]
Internet Speed Test:
http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
Check your equipment with this link...

that's where I tested it - recent buyout

[ In Reply To ..]
and both my so-called high-speeds gave me those low numbers, but I have no problem with them on the platforms I currently use.

Download speed - BH

[ In Reply To ..]
I did a test and it says download 1.25 MBPS. This is the speed of my computer now. I have AT&T HSI Express. How does this 1.25 MBPS translate to the 4-8 MB download speed? I have a router and the Spheris computer was given to me in 2009, and I bought my newer personal computer December 2010.

Similar Messages:

Download/upload Speed
Mar 21, 2013

My work computer seems to be slow doing research, etc. lately. I recently had unfamiliar work given to me and keep quite a few tabs and manuals open, so thinking it could be a RAM issue but not sure.  I did a speed test during a slow spell, and my download speed was 15.75 mbps and upload speed was 2.90 mbps.  I'm really not sure what a good speed is.  - I have a personal computer as well, but it is barely running these days, so it's always very slow (so can't judg ...

Verizon High Speed Internet
Apr 15, 2010

Was wondering if anyone has used Verizon High Speed Internet and what your experience as with it?  I am considering switching as it 50% less my current cable service.  TIA! ...

Sprint "unlimited" High-speed Wireless Internet
Sep 10, 2010

FYI for all.  I have had an "unlimited" Sprint Internet plan for a number of years working at home without any problems.  Sprint has apparently decided to put a cap on the plan, of which I am shortly to exceed it without any prior notice.  I am told my only resort is to pay for the overage or cancel my services, which I just renewed contract on conveniently enough for Sprint.  I'm still working on my "issue" but thought I'd give others a headsup.  If you have S ...

Is DSL Usually Considered "high-speed Internet"? ++
Jan 09, 2014

I've have had cable internet service since 2005, and since early 2008 I have worked for 3 companies that all required high-speed internet. I never gave it much thought because I've always had the cable service. But now we want to move, and unfortunately cable internet service is just about non-existant in the areas we are considering.  I'm very happy with my current position (and they can work with DSL), but obviously it would not be wise for me to move to a place that would ...

BOS 2 Download
Sep 04, 2010

can anyone here share with me how to download the BOS 2 onto my desktop.  My puter crashed some time ago and I am trying to add sites and programs as I remember what was on the other puter.  Thanks. ...

Can We Still Download DQS 6.1?
Jul 18, 2012

Have been using a MQ computer and not yet transitioned to DQS7. Just got a "new" XP system (built by a friend) and would ilke to test out using it for MQ as it is supposed to be faster than my ancient MQ system. I need to know how to download it.  If we can.  It was all ready on the MQ machine. anybody, thanks ...

Download ISP At Least 2 Mbp Now?
Sep 25, 2013

Found out the hard way just this week that download speed is now 2 mbp or greater, with fluency shutting down on uploads.  When did this happen?  I was treated as if it is my ISP that is below-par on speed, but had upped to a 1.5 mbp plan just for "Q" a year ago.  Did my ISP just stop working well with Fluency, or did the "Q" once again cause issues without allowing its employees who are home-based to plan for them.  Now my production is zilch for the week of the ISP learning ...

ASR Speed
Apr 10, 2012

I've been transcribing for 23 years. I recently got switched to pretty much all ASR and I really like it. However, the pay is only 4 cents per line plus my shift differential, so that's 4.75 cents per line. I started ASR three days ago. I find it totally non-stressful, pleasant, and interesting. But I am averaging about $7.50 an hour! I don't necessarily need to get tons of money, but this isn't even minimum wage in California (which is $8.00 per hour). How can I get speed? I ...

QA SPEED
Jun 09, 2012

Does anyone know what a safe speed is for QA?  Some MT's I know can edit at 180 to 190 on the speed bar on Nuance Escription.  Managers say these are their "top performers," but I would like to be a fly on the wall to see how their reports are finished on QA. ...

Speed
Nov 04, 2012

So tell me, how do I pick up speed?  I average about 184 lines an hour.  The stats they send out say most of you are doing 220 lines an hour.  What can I do to pick up speed?  My accounts do not allow templates of more than 75 words.  The 7.1 is better with regard to looking up reports, but I still don't know if I am supposed to hit enter after one section before moving on to the next one (history and physical...enter???, then past medical history, for example).&nbs ...

BOOKS TO DOWNLOAD
Mar 19, 2010

Does anyone know where I can download reference books to buy?  I would like to skip the wait for books and just download reference materials/resources.  Any ideas?  Looking for drug reference books, etc. ...

Chartnet Download
May 12, 2012

Just wondering if anyone has ever had problems with Chartnet, every time I try to log in it gives me an error message stating error loading voice client class not registered. Thanks for any help. ...

Help -- How Do I Download DQS7?
Jun 27, 2012

Hi -   Hard to teach me new tricks.  Where do I d/l DOQ7?  Thanks. ...

DQS 7.1 Download Link
Sep 22, 2012

Anyone have the link to download DQS 7.1? I had to get it from support the first time but didn't write it down and want to put it on my personal laptop for mobility. Thanks in advance. ...

DQS Frozen - Cant Download Anything Nm
Oct 26, 2012

nm ...

Where Can I Download A Copy Of TSG?
Jul 24, 2014

Does anyone know where on the intranet I can download a copy of the TSG? I keep looking everywhere but I can't find it. ...

Anyone Have The Download Instructions For 7.6
Jan 12, 2015

I lost the e-mail I was sent.  Hate to call IT.  ...

I Know I Asked This Before But I Do See Some Lag In The Up And Download Every Now And Then And Am
Mar 20, 2015

wondering if others have noticed this at all lately. It isnt bad but just moreso than before for me anyway.  I know it isnt my computer because I use my own computer so it is the system.    ...

Another Speed Question
Jan 26, 2010

Just wondering how many lines and hour an MT who uses no expanders or macros whatsoever can type.  Anyone know? The fact that there are so many variables kind of sucks because an MT can't really argue if their company gives them a hard time about their speed since there may be no one else to compare with (in an fair way). ...

Dictator Speed
Mar 15, 2010

I am just curious as to what speed setting to most of you keep it on when doing ASR?  I try to keep mine between 8 and 9 unless it's an extremely slow dictator.  I would like to increase my line count, but I'm afraid if I  speed it up too much I might miss something. ...

Trying To Increase Speed...
Sep 25, 2010

Does anyone have any hints/suggestions/help for working more quickly in Powerscribe editing radiology reports?  The program seems a bit sluggish and you have to wait on it when you want to go on to the next step/next report.  Any hints for copying/pasting more quickly, etc?  Any info would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to increase my speed.  TIA ...

TransTech VR Speed
Jan 21, 2011

I'm wondering if anyone else likes to keep the VR speed above 100% when doing VR?  What number are you comfortable with?  I know there are some docs that have to be slowed down to 100% speed or below, but what's your comfortable speed?  I have mine set at 115%, but I'm trying to creep up to 120% to see if it helps the line count a little. ...

Typing Speed Of MT's
Feb 17, 2011

No one seems to talk about typing speed these days.  I see a huge difference in earning ability of an MT by their typing speed.  I get resumes and people don't even put their typing speed on a resume often.  I have to go back and ask them.  It is the best ruler out there.  Are there any 100 wpm typists out there looking for clinic work, M-F, 9-5?  Since we all work by production, obviously the faster you type, the more you will earn (and happier you will be) bu ...

Gauging Speed
Feb 24, 2011

I was wondering how long it would take an experinced MT to transcribe a 1:20 (one hour and 20 minutes) report? I am new at this and I think this took me waaayyyy longer than it should have. Can't help but to think I chose the wrong path....lol I guess my speed was about one hour per 9 minutes....The company told me a good transcriber would be one hour for 15 minutes....Is this correct....Turn around time was 24 hours and I barely made the deadline.... ...

Typing Speed
Jun 07, 2011

Does anyone know what the expected typing speed is to get a job - have lots of experience, but ASR work has slowed my typing speed! ...

How Long Does It Take To Get Up To Speed
Aug 08, 2011

I know everyone's different, so just asking for an avg.  Just found out today (after finally getting to a somewhat stable line count) that my former Spheris acct w/ be switching to it shortly. ...

Speed Talkers
Aug 29, 2011

I am so tired of these docs and PAs screaming through their PEs that I am just so tempted to just put a big fat QA marker for the whole thing.  Yes we can go back and look at old reports (full of conflicting info, blanks, plain wrong) but between that and listening over and over,  geez we sure do spend a lot of time "working" for which we are not paid!  ...

How Long Does It Take You To Get Up To Speed?
Sep 08, 2011

How long do you give a new job a shot before you know whether or not you will be able to be productive with it? I really want to give up my current full-time job, but I have tried a couple of other MTSOs and their platforms are so much more time-consuming and I end up not being able to make any money.  I know that it will take a bit of time to get totally up to speed. Just wondering how long it takes others to get up to a comfortable speed at a new company or when you know you have to throw ...

They Really Need To Speed Their Servers Up
Mar 01, 2012

Not only their mail server but the DocQmanage server as well.  Its ridiculous.  There have been so many times where I knew I could fill in one of my blanks if I could just look at some of the old work in DQM, but when doing a search, it takes so long, I end up just saying the heck with it and sending it off with the blanks.  It's not like I have a slow connection either.  I'm on fiber at 10 mbs, so that's not the problem. ...

Keyboard Speed
Jun 20, 2012

A lot is being said about stepping up speed and productivity as far as keyboard techniques, but I think my problem is mostly that I cant think that fast as far as sentence structure and meaning.  And if I speed things up, I worry about whether I actually heard it right and if I have left out words here and there.  I like to quickly proof the report but I have read that an MT should proof only 2 reports per day.  Any advice? ...