A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

We should all resign... - Let the Indians have it

Posted: Dec 23, 2010

I say we all send Ms.Thing an e-mail with RESIGNATION in the subject line.  That could be her Christmas bonus.

If we'd all stuck together the very first time they cut our pay, we might have a leg to stand on now.

Screw it.  I'm having a big ol frosty margarita!

Right on! That's my plan - sm - Medibird

[ In Reply To ..]
Wanted to for a long time now but I've been trying to wait until I had another job lined up. But you know what? I'm just done.

I'm taking a certified nurse aide course right now, got a week to go, then clinicals and the state exam by Jan. 15, so hopefully I can be employed within a month. I'm really nervous walking away without my safety net fully deployed, but I'd rather tighten my belt some more than continue to condone all this with my cooperation.

I totally agree... - anonMT

[ In Reply To ..]
ASR is nowhere near ready to replace the MT, and if we all went on strike, they'd realize just how valuable skilled, experienced MTs really are. Then maybe, just maybe the clients would realize that cutting the pay of the MT isn't the best way to save a buck.

re: indians, medibird and anon - resign

[ In Reply To ..]
do it then. More jobs for us who ARE happy with our jobs!

"do it then" really? - anonMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a right to be paid a fair wage for the work I do, and I also have a right to stand up for myself when I'm being underpaid. If you're making a good wage here, you're either an MME or a sloppy transcriptionist. And you know what, if you are an MME, I'd love for you to have to do my job; and if you're a sloppy transcriptionist, I'd love watching MQ and the clients suffer through your poor quality. Maybe then they'll appreciate those of us who actually deserve to be here.
To "Resign" - Happy with your job, really?
[ In Reply To ..]
You must be one of those who is happy with minimum wage. I don't know ANYBODY who is happy with a pay cut. Go back to Burger King.
re: anonMT - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, just got back from my 5 day holiday. It was wonderful.

Yes, you do deserve fair pay. I get fair pay for a good days work. I am neither an MME nor a sloppy transcriptionist and if you think that those are the only people who can make a fair wage with MQ than I agree, YOU should resign.

I do straight transcription, work 6 hours a day, 5 days a week and support myself, household with 2 kids. I don't "suffer" through poor quality jobs. I've just become (as we all should) accustomed to interpreting what it is our ESL dictators are saying! It has ALWAYS been the job of an MT to figure out what the docs are saying! Always!

So make your stand already and if that "stand" means resigning, than do it already. No one should be that unhappy in their job for gosh sake!

(I'd bet all the cookies in the jar that ya'll are just bluffing though...)
re: sm - Kiki
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree. It's just a bluff, they're just venting tho.

I also am able to make it working with the Q, supporting myself, my household and 3 year old son AND still help out mom when she needs me. I am also neither a sloppy MT nor an MME. I am a MT/ME.
to: "cookies in the jar" - anonMT
[ In Reply To ..]
If you only do straight transcription, I have no doubt you're happy with your job, but I'd "bet all the cookies in the jar" that if you were working just as hard for 4 cpl, you'd be on this board venting, too.

Yes, I could resign; and, no, I'm not bluffing. Job/career change takes time, and if my resignation allows more work for you, more power to ya.

BTW, ESL dictators aren't the only ones who produce difficult dictation. The EFL dictators in my company are actually worse than the ESL dictators. So, I'll say it again... if my resignation allows more work--my work--for you, good luck with that. You're gonna need it.

Similar Messages:

How Do You Resign Nicely?
Oct 12, 2011

I have a bit of a dilemma. I took on a 2nd job with a very nice (albeit small) facility. It wasn't my first choice of specialties but now I have been moved to an even different one than hired for and it's taking me all day to get stuff done (3 jobs totally 14 minutes took 1 hour and 22 minutes to type and I am not slow). It's all completely foreign to me and I am not making any money (about $3/hour at this rate). I would like to let her know that I will no longer be working fo ...

How Do We Resign From MModal? I Can't
Apr 27, 2013

find any information under HR in MModal Central.  I finally have had enough of NJA throughout my shift. ...

Anybody Been Asked To Resign??
Jun 07, 2015

i just ignored it for now but are they crazy, asking us to resign vs firing us? i wouldnt give them the satisfaction, they will have to kick me out if i am suddenly such a rotten MT. feels like an SNL Seth & Amy segment of "Oh really?" Really. ...

Anyone Who Was Fired, Quit, Or Forced To Resign
Jun 17, 2011

Did you apply for unemployment, did you get it, did you have to appeal?  I have never lived off the system and figured I payed into it for my entire adult life, and have reached a point where I need financial assistance.  I was asked to resign due to being unable to work due to physical inabilty on my part and am stuck, so I applied for it.  Just looking for some good news from other MQ employees. ...

Mixed Feelings On Having To Resign Today. Sm
Sep 23, 2011

It is with much emotion that I had to turn my resignation in today with the Q.  I have been with this company since it was TL back in 1994.  I have seen everything, good and bad to worse.  And yes, there were good times.  I kept the same primary account for the entire time of my tenure here.  Of that I was thankful.   I am very, very ill and lost my medical benefits back in 2002 when my health as well as my DH's became bad.  I have been lucky in the C ...

If Resign Within 2 Months Is A 2-week Notice Required
Jan 12, 2010

e-mailed CCM Monday but have not heard back.  Need to mail back equipment.  Anyone know what the procedures are.  I am waiting to hear back from CCM before doing the 2 weeks, because don't want to if I don't have to.  I have received 2 weeks of training pay at $10 per hour. ...