A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

how do you resign nicely? - wrongfit

Posted: Oct 12, 2011

I have a bit of a dilemma. I took on a 2nd job with a very nice (albeit small) facility. It wasn't my first choice of specialties but now I have been moved to an even different one than hired for and it's taking me all day to get stuff done (3 jobs totally 14 minutes took 1 hour and 22 minutes to type and I am not slow). It's all completely foreign to me and I am not making any money (about $3/hour at this rate). I would like to let her know that I will no longer be working for her as of this Friday but I would like to do it nicely because, as I stated, she is SUPER NICE (a good person too). Just looking for some advice on wording, etc. Anyone?

Resigning - Webber

[ In Reply To ..]
I would just either call or email her and explain the situation to her. I would make sure that she knows it is just not the right fit for you at this time. I have had to resign from a few second jobs lately because they were not the right fit for me, so I know how you feel.

That is what the probabion period is about. - and it goes both ways

[ In Reply To ..]
If it doesn't fit you, then that is just as valid as the MTSO determining you don't fit them. You can leave without worry.

"Probation." - reallyidonttranscribethisbadly

[ In Reply To ..]
LOL ;)

I had to do that, and I really felt awful - But

[ In Reply To ..]
It was a small company. They were so nice and the QA was great. Actually, the pay was even decent, but I just could not stay for many reasons having to do with the account, not the company personnel. What good is a decent pay per line if you still can not make good money because of the actual account.

They were so good to me. They praised me and thanked me, so I did feel bad. You have to look out for number 1 though. I did give them 1 week's notice and worked as hard as I could. I told them the people there were wonderful and I was sorry, but..... I was used to making more money than that and was offered a great opportunity to do just that.

Don't worry, they will replace you with no problem.

Similar Messages:

We Should All Resign...
Dec 23, 2010

I say we all send Ms.Thing an e-mail with RESIGNATION in the subject line.  That could be her Christmas bonus. If we'd all stuck together the very first time they cut our pay, we might have a leg to stand on now. Screw it.  I'm having a big ol frosty margarita!   ...

How Do We Resign From MModal? I Can't
Apr 27, 2013

find any information under HR in MModal Central.  I finally have had enough of NJA throughout my shift. ...

Anybody Been Asked To Resign??
Jun 07, 2015

i just ignored it for now but are they crazy, asking us to resign vs firing us? i wouldnt give them the satisfaction, they will have to kick me out if i am suddenly such a rotten MT. feels like an SNL Seth & Amy segment of "Oh really?" Really. ...

Anyone Who Was Fired, Quit, Or Forced To Resign
Jun 17, 2011

Did you apply for unemployment, did you get it, did you have to appeal?  I have never lived off the system and figured I payed into it for my entire adult life, and have reached a point where I need financial assistance.  I was asked to resign due to being unable to work due to physical inabilty on my part and am stuck, so I applied for it.  Just looking for some good news from other MQ employees. ...

Mixed Feelings On Having To Resign Today. Sm
Sep 23, 2011

It is with much emotion that I had to turn my resignation in today with the Q.  I have been with this company since it was TL back in 1994.  I have seen everything, good and bad to worse.  And yes, there were good times.  I kept the same primary account for the entire time of my tenure here.  Of that I was thankful.   I am very, very ill and lost my medical benefits back in 2002 when my health as well as my DH's became bad.  I have been lucky in the C ...

If Resign Within 2 Months Is A 2-week Notice Required
Jan 12, 2010

e-mailed CCM Monday but have not heard back.  Need to mail back equipment.  Anyone know what the procedures are.  I am waiting to hear back from CCM before doing the 2 weeks, because don't want to if I don't have to.  I have received 2 weeks of training pay at $10 per hour. ...