A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

My Windows Live Mail stopped working - sm

Posted: Sep 22, 2013

I refuse to talk to Phil in India, does anyone have the instructions on how to hook it up so I can reinstall it? Please

I know who to call - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I had the same dilemma a few weeks ago. Then after much angst realized, DUH, call my internet provider!!

My AHA moment.

Thanks, internet works I think it is a setting problem - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
when I try to hook to mmodal mail it wont let me..the program itself works, but says something about space limiting connection to mmodal..so I need to reinstall it but Im not sure of the mail settings.

I've had intermittent problems too. - shipwrecked

[ In Reply To ..]
I called Comcast, my ISP. They fixed it.

It's a riot when you get somebody obviously in India, and they always have American names! Do they think we're That stupid?

LOL give me a female Indian name - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
cause if I have to call tech support and they say their name is Phil Im gonna say mine is whatever you guys come up with for me ;-)

I'll be the NY sounding Indian - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

How Do I Uninstall Windows Live Mail...
Aug 15, 2012

MModal made me install Windows Live, but I need to uninstall it.  Long story, but it was a disaster.  When I go into my Add/Remove programs, all I see are: Windows Live Essential, Windows Live ID sign-in Assitant and Windows Live Upload Tool. Do I just remove all those and hope it's okay? There is no Windows Live Mail in my add/remove program list. I need to uninstall it because everytime I try to open a file that was sent to my Outlook personal e-mail address, it opens it i ...

Windows Live Mail Question
Apr 23, 2013

Can someone tell me how to do a send/receive in Windows Live Mail?  I know with my Outlook Express, I can manually do one, either on the tool bar or with keystrokes.  Ctrl + N will open a new message box, and ctrl + m will do a manual "send/receive." I can do the new message thing in Live Mail, but I can't do the send/receive.  Can someone help me? It doesn't have to be keystrokes, but I can't find it on the tool/menu bar.   ...

Where Are Instruction To Set Up Windows Live Mail?
Oct 12, 2014

I'm having a hard time finding the instructions on setting up the Windows Live Mail account for MModal. I found it once before awhile ago on the Innercircle but can't find them again. TIA ...

Windows Live
Oct 01, 2013

Is anyone else having problems this morning?  It won't let me delete email and I'm not sure it sent my email.  I get the following message:  "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.  Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity."  There is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in the bottom right corner and it says "error." ...

Windows Live Problems, Anyone Else?
Mar 19, 2013

Set it up on new computer Sunday, worked fine. It comes up, of course takes the usual forever amount of time to do so, but when I tried to send a message it says not able to and is sititng in my outbox. Anyone else having issues with their mail today? ...

Infinity IN-USB-1 Pedal Stopped Working ...
Dec 31, 2010

In the middle of a dictation when I pressed the pedal it wouldn't stop the dictation.  Now it won't play anything.  I've had it a few years and never had any problems.  I restarted the computer, even did a system restore, and still not working.  I downloaded the driver just in case it mysteriously decided to go away.  Is there any way to test to see if it's defective?    ...

Windows Mail
Dec 27, 2011

I have a Windows Mail account.   I frequently get the message that some mail is put into the Junk Mail folder, and that I can view it there.  However, when I open it, it says the file is empty.   I know there is a simple answer here . . . just not getting it.   Thanks! ...

Vista Windows Mail Question
Jul 22, 2013

Hello all. I have Vista Windows Mail (it does not say Live Mail). I am wanting to alphabetize my contacts list in e-mail, but I see no place I can do that. There is an "organize" tab, but that is just for folders and things. Does anyone know how I can do this? Thanks so much! ...

Anyone Have The Email For Installing Windows Mail
Oct 15, 2013

I can't get mine to work and the last person I want to talk to is Phil in India. Just want to uninstall it and reinstall it ...

WMX - Working Windows.
Dec 08, 2009

I have heard they are no longer offering these 10 to 12 hour windows to do your shift in.  Anyone know contrary? Also, if you already are working and have this window, do they take it away or are you grandfathered in?  ...

Is The Mail Working For Anyone Or Is It Just
Dec 05, 2011

Haven't been able to get in all day.  Bring back Outlook.  ...

Shorthand For Windows Not Working In Open Office Or Wordpad
Nov 08, 2010

Hi, I have been successfully using Shorthand for Windows for 4 years in numerous transcription platforms with 2 companies.  Now  I would like to use Shorthand in other ways, but it does not work in email, Express Scribe, Open Office, or Word pad.  I can't affod to buy Microsoft Word, so I would like to know another typing program that is compatible with Shorthand.  Signed, Loreen Derry, Shorthand junkie   ...

Can Anyone Tell Me If MQ Stopped Matching
Mar 27, 2011

401k contributions?  I know they had a 50% match back a long time ago when I was first hired. I heard something about them not matching anymore?  Anyone know if this is true? I wouldn't be surprised with what they have already and continue to take from us.  Watching Suze Orman show; she says if your company doesn't match to stop contributing and start a Roth IRA.  ...

Has Anyone Stopped Doing MME Work?
Jun 15, 2012

Has anyone been an MT, MME, and ASR and then quit doing the MME part and gone back to just MT and ASR work?   If so, did it make any difference in your paycheck for better or worse?  How did your workflow change?  Are you glad you quit doing MME work or would you like to go back to it again?    Also, has anyone actually switched positions within MModal or Medquist from being an MT to something like a virtual customer service representative or something that is still ...

Has Anyone's Company Stopped Using B.i.d.?
Jan 11, 2013

On a recent transcription test I was informed that it was not used by that facility anymore.  Just curious if it was particular to them or a new thing I have not heard of.  ...

If Every Single MT Stopped Transcribing For One Day?
Feb 04, 2010

What would happen if every single MT stopped transcribing for one day?  How much money would they lose? ...

Coding Program Stopped
May 14, 2014

Just got an email from our manager saying they are stopping the program for the next week or so until they get the bugs worked out.   We are supposed to type until they figure out their next step.  Some of the students still don't have the encoder program.  I think a big part of it is because of the ruling to delay ICD9.  Who knows if it will start back up again.     Will keep you guys posted.  ...

Finally Sick Of It And Just Stopped Typing...YAY! Nm
Jul 11, 2011

nm ...

Audio Stopped Playing On DocQScribe
Jan 06, 2012

Has anyone else had a problem with the audio stopping?  I was in the middle of a report and my audio stopped playing.  I checked my foot pedal and all seems well there.  I even tried to use the CTRL space to make it play...nothing.  Interestingly, the FF and REW functions appear to be working fine. Thanks in advance!! ...

Failing Audit Stuff Has Stopped
Apr 28, 2014

that the failing audit stuff has stopped. Was this an effort to get us to slow way the heck down so they could lower our PTO rate? ...

Is It Just Me Or Have MTSOs Stopped The Stupid Testing?
Oct 28, 2014

The last 3 job offers required no testing at all, just a casual phone interview. What gives? ...

No One Wants To Be An MT. Most Colleges Have Stopped Offering Classes. You'd Think MM
May 05, 2015

would ty to keep the workers they have at least a little happier.  One would think they've already lost enough experienced MTs!  And with ASR/VR continually getting worse - just what kind of reports will there be when we're all gone. ...

S/L EX-JATE For Iron Overload, Which Was Stopped Due To Allergic Reaction.
Oct 21, 2009

thank you ...

Microsoft Used To Make A Soft Touch Keyboard But Stopped...
May 20, 2010

really miss that keyboard, I can't remember its name but they quit making it about 5-6 years ago.  Does ayone know of a comparable one?  Where you barely touch the keys and there is no click?    ...

Grammar Errors Stopped Checking In Word 2007
Oct 14, 2011

All of the sudden Microsoft Word 2007 stopped checking grammar.  I went to proofing and the box is checked for "Hide grammar errors in this document only."  However, the box cannot be unchecked.  It is like this for all documents, even new ones.  Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks so much. ...

AUTOCORRECT - How To Coph From Windows XP To Windows 7
Aug 22, 2013

HOW TO COPY AUTOCORRECT FROM WINDOWS XP TO WINDOWS 7 ...

When I Send An E-mail From My MQ Mail, It Shows That It
Dec 16, 2011

came from someone else.  Anybody ever had that problem before and does anybody know who I contact to get it fixed? ...

Mail Purge On MT Mail System 10/16
Oct 12, 2012

What are you all doing with emails you have saved to folders? ...

Windows 7 And Using Windows XP Mode
Aug 05, 2011

Has anyone ever wanted to work for a company that only used Windows XP and you had Windows 7 but could virtually move to XP mode?  Could you download their software on the XP mode side and get it to work?  I had a job interview where their software only worked on XP.  I thought I could do that, but I had to also have Word 2003.  I only have 2010, but it has the compatability pack for 2003, BUT the client's software couldn't differentiate that.  If I maybe bough ...

ShortCut For Windows With Windows 7 Or 8?
May 14, 2014

Anyone using ShortCut for Windows with Windows 7 or 8? ...