A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MT Pay Structure Needs an Overhaul - DM

Posted: Oct 27, 2009

Please see Advance for Health Information Professionals October 2009 issue on line.  Search for Letters to the Editor, date range Sept 30 to Oct 31, 2009.

Boy is THAT ever an understatement! They say some - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
MTs make as little as $27,000 a year. Ha! I wish I even made that! Try $19,000 a year, and living in one of the most expensive areas in the nation.

MT has devolved from being a valued, respected job to being just another get-rich scheme for the Piggies at the top.

I'm looking forward to the day when Kharma makes an about-turn and bites 'em all HARD.

Pay scale - old mt

[ In Reply To ..]
AMEN DM! You got it right. I think most of us are floating around the poverty level without benefits! Remember the good ole days, gross line pay, appreciation, etc. My state has the highest minimum wage in the nation and somedays it's so slow I don't even make that...

Similar Messages:

We Need To Overhaul Our Medical System
Jun 09, 2014

Healthcare for profit has got to go. How many of us have typed reports indicating a patient was refused treatment/medication/procedures/etc., due to their insurance not covering it? This is BS of the highest kind. I hate being a cog in this wheel anymore. ...

What Is The Structure Now?
Jan 29, 2011

I know that MQ has North region, etc....but where do the Spheris MTs fit in as far as regions go.  Are Spheris MTs to themselves...are they a part of a specific retion...or are they spread amongst the regions? ...

Report Structure
Dec 19, 2009

I often get tripped up on this. In a discharge summary, would you do the Physical Exam portion like this, or list it vertically? Thanks. PHYSICAL EXAMINATIONPhysical exam revealed a sad, frail appearing elderly woman. Pulse: 70 regular. Blood pressure: 130/70. Temperature: 98. Skin: Periumbilical ecchymosis was present along with faint ecchymosis extending into her left lower quadrant. HEENT: Mild conjunctival pallor. Neck: Well-healed thyroidectomy scar. No masses. Lungs: No rales, wheezes or ...

Sentence Structure?
Jun 25, 2010

"Seven screws were used 6 of them bicortical in the most distal unicortical cancellous screw." Does this make sense? Should there be a comma or semicolon between used and 6? ...