A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Captioning - D

Posted: May 30, 2012

I have an opportunity for a position and am being required to do a quiz on captioning. Now, while I know what this is, I haven't a clue as to how to do it! They've basically given me a paragraph and are asking me to break it up for captioning. I'm clueless on this! Can anyone help? I'm a newbie and would like a chance at this position...  Thanks in advance!

Caption - googlegiggler

[ In Reply To ..]
I do not have help, but I'm taking a shot in the dark, but I believe your best information will be found online. Have you Googgled it? "how to test for captioning test" or something like that. Best wishes on your test!

Captioning - D

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for responding googlegiggler. I have looked online with very little results. Maybe I'll broaden my search, though. Thans for the best wishes!

Similar Messages:

MT To Closed Captioning?
Jul 27, 2010

I have been doing some research on closed captioning and CART jobs/career. I searched the archives here, also. Does anyone know, however, if one needs to be a court reporter in order to learn the above jobs?  I'm wondering if one can learn stenography, etc., in some type of program without going through the entire curriculum of court reporting. Thanks! ...

Closed Captioning
Mar 29, 2015

Hey all, just a thought - if you're all tired of these transcription companies, it seems that closed captioning/court reporting out of your home is the way to go. I recently checked into this and it is very lucrative and you don't have to deal with outsourcing, low pay, all the "fun stuff" that medical transcription has to NOT offer. And, if you have a medical background, you get paid more as we are in high demand and would mean more pay. Again, just a thought and am definitely excited ...

Anyone Do Video Captioning Work?
Aug 18, 2012

How did you get started?  What software did you use?  It seems like the pay is good but there are a lot of qualifications & it's more geared to court reporters (like, requiring a court reporting certificate, etc.). ...

Does Anyone One Know Any Companies That Do Closed Captioning?
Apr 04, 2014

I see some listed online but not sure what's legit.  Want to branch out from MT work. TIA. ...

Closed-captioning With Speech-recognition
Jul 11, 2012

Hey guys, the other day I tested a software program called VoxcribeCC, it works well on videos. If you do closed captioning or subtitling, it really eases the task with its speech recognition and time stamping functions. Accuracy is pretty high. I think it is way more powerful than dragon  ...

Has Anyone Heard Anything About Typing Closed Captioning
Aug 29, 2014

Would that maybe be an option for those of us in need for work? That's not something I'd think would be going away and I remember hearing years ago that the pay was better than MT.  Though what's happened to that field in the years since, I have no clue.  I just can't imagine that every being outsourced. ...