A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Online universities for coding? - researching

Posted: May 07, 2010

I have found at least 5 dozen on line colleges for medical coding and I can find Pros and Cons for all. 

Just wondering if there were any students here currently utilizing on line colleges or programs for medical coding, or if anyone has any experiencing completing one.

Thanks!

Try your local community college - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I have no experience in online companies, but I find that local community colleges usally do a good job training for MT/coding type professions, usually have at least most if not all classes online, and accept PELL grants (free money)

career step, AIU, Kaplan, University of Phoenix - Colleges on Line

[ In Reply To ..]
try these they have great programs

Similar Messages:

Which Online Coding Program
Aug 17, 2010

How does one know which online coding program to take when they all seem pretty good, besides the price difference? I specifically want to know about AHIMA or Career Step from someone who has graduated and found a job. I know they have testimonials on their website, but how does one really know?  I was thinking about either their program or the one from AHIMA, which seems a lot longer, but apparently with either you will be able to sit for the credentialing exam, and they seem to be close in ...

Can You Take Online Classes For Coding?
Dec 20, 2010

I'm new to this board so bear with me.  Having been a MT forever it seems, I'm thinking of making a switch to coding. At one point I was even hired as an entry level coder, learning on the job, but when i position came open in transcription took that as it paid better. In hindsight wish I had stuck with the coding as then could have gone either or even both ways.  My problem would be having to actually "go" to a school in person , but i would want something reputable, not som ...

How To Pick An Online Coding Course
May 08, 2011

After 28 years of medical billing I am ready for a change.  I've been researching online coding courses but there are so many!  I would be interested in any feedback you have on which courses you took and the pros and cons of each.  Thank you for your input. ...

Online Coding Courses
Aug 07, 2012

Hi, I was wondering if anyone here knew of or attended any good acredited online billing and coding schools. Right now we only have one vehicle so I need something that is online and offers financial aid.  My local college does offer it but not online and the classes are at times that I'm working so an online school is what I need. Thanks ...

Best Online Coding Classes
Mar 06, 2013

I am very interested in getting into coding/billing field. I am retired medical transcriptionist. I am looking for advise on schools, what to look for in a school and requirements. I would really like to take classes online. ...

Which Online Coding School
Jul 09, 2013

Can anyone please tell me which online coding school is the one to go to.  I have been in transcription for the past 10 years and I am literally terrified about what is going on with this business.  I still need something at home because I have little ones still running around.  I know coding is very hard to get into but so was transcription when I first started so I am willing to make the transition.  I was literally in tears yesterday when it was the 4th consecutive day wit ...

CTC Coding Online Training
Dec 15, 2014

I am looking at various online options and have found CTC through the AAPC website.  I was hoping someone might have some experience or knowledge of this training program that they would be willing to share.  TIA! ...

One Thing I Wish For Online Coding Program
Jun 07, 2012

I am currently attending Andrews School's coding program and I truly do love it.  There are still some things that confuse me a bit and sometimes I have wished there were "training" or lecture videos.  By taking this course, I have realized that I am a visual learner and have found that just by having to read everything, sometimes I have to go over it and over it to make sense of it, which then sets me back as far as time and then I have to rush to get all of my assignments comple ...

Looking For A Good Online Coding College
Jul 17, 2012

After much research i had decided on taking coding classes through Andrew College. Unfortunately since they are not an acredited college Vocational Rehab will not help pay. Can anyone recommend a good acredited college or one that accepts FASA grants? Looking to take online courses or classes in Ft. Wayne, IN. ...

Schooling - Good Online Coding Classes? 
Jan 21, 2010

Any recommendations on good online coding classes?  ...

Anyone Know Of A Good Online School For Billing & Coding
Nov 30, 2012

nm ...

Coding Schools--online Or Local Community College? Andrews Or M-TEC?
Mar 24, 2013

Hi - I am struggling with what to do, somebody please help! I have read that Andrews and M-TEC are the best schools online.  I am just concerned that I won't do well without hands on learning in a classroom?  I could really use some advice from some people who have done the coding courses through these places? Which is the best, and how does it work exactly?  Thanks ...

Online College/university That Offers Certified Medical Coding/billing?
Aug 03, 2010

What are some of the best online college/university that offers certified medical coding/billing? ...

MT Universities Are Offering Medical Transcription
Aug 31, 2010

http://readme.readmedia.com/Campbellsville-University-to-Begin-New-Allied-Health-Programs-at-Hodgenville/1705087 Training in medical transcription, clinical medical assistant and phlebotomy are essential in meeting this critical need. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics sites all of these as 'Occupations with the Largest Employment Growth, 2008-18.' "A medical transcriptionist converts confidential patient information to a written text document. Topics covered in this course will co ...

Apply At Local Universities And Community Colleges
Aug 01, 2012

Me again.  If you live anywhere near a university or community college, consider applying there for a job.  It will most likely be civil service, which means you will need to take a test to measure your skills, and then you will be ranked on the interview totem pole according to your test score and level of skills.  It's a fair process.  It doesn't matter who you know.  It only matters HOW MUCH you know.  At our local university, there are 2 clerical categ ...

Hired For Coding/billing/transcription, But Told No Coding
Aug 13, 2013

Accepted a job, gave 2 weeks notice, and yesterday was my first day.  I was to be helping out transcription (1000 jobs behind), and then sitting with billing and training with coding as their coder will be out on maternity leave in December.  The office is adding another surgeon, and they are rapidly expanding.  So I gave a proper 2 weeks' notice to my former employer (2 hours on the road there and back, low salary - now less than half distance and $3 more an hour) and starte ...

Certification In Coding Or AA Degree In Coding??
May 11, 2010

Is there really such a thing as an AA degree in coding?  Sounds odd to me.  Health administration or management, or RHIT I can see, but coding? Is it not better to just become Certified even if you dont have an AA degree? ...

Coding School - Fate Of Coding Due To EMR
Apr 10, 2012

Wondering if there are any coders out there who can give me an idea of the fate of coding due to the EMR. Are there still coding jobs out there? Would it be wise to attend school for coding at this point or do you think it will be lost to the EMR eventually? I live in a rural area and there are advertisements for registered/accredited coders at medical facilities, but I'm afraid of spending all that time and money on schooling only to not be able to find a job. Any information/insight w ...

Coding :: Thinking About Changing From MT To Coding
Oct 07, 2013

I am thinking about changing from MT to coding.  Are there many opportunities to work from home with coding?  What would be a good school to attend? Thank you for the help. ...

Do I Need To Take An Actual Coding Course To Learn Coding?
Feb 26, 2014

My sister is taking an online coding course and complains that there is no real "teaching," that she's basically just doing the work in the work book and entering answers online, then taking an online chapter test.  This makes me wonder about the necessity of signing up for an actual course.  I would like to learn how to code, but to me, without any actual instruction, what's the purpose of signing up for one of these online courses? ...

Coding :: Age Restriction On New Coding Students?
Apr 15, 2014

Anyone know if MM has an age restriction on new coding students? ...

Which Coding Workbook Does Your Coding Program Use
May 20, 2014

Thanks for your response.  ...

Online Course??? Help Me!!!
Jan 28, 2010

i have a question for working mt's.  i have decided that i want to get into the mt field and try to work from home if at all possible, while raising a family. i was going to look into doing an online course and i'm just not sure which "school" would be a good choice. it seems that its so hard to find out which school is actually legit. i know there are some schools that are supported by the adhi and accp. and im not sure if "at home" jobs are actually obtainable to ...

Looking For Online ICD-10-PCS
Jan 25, 2014

of any good online education for this alone?  I see AHIMA has one.  I am looking for others.  AHIMA's online courses don't suit me.  I suppose it would look good on a resume, but I want to LEARN it well.  So if anyone has come across a good online course in ICD-10-PCS, please post.  Thank you! ...

Online Library
Mar 02, 2010

Here's something that might be useful to you all who have library cards with your own local library.  I'm not sure if all libraries are connected to netlibrary.com, but mine is. Here's the thing: http://www.netlibrary.com I went there and signed up by using my local library card.  There are a ton of books, in both ebook (pdf) format as well as available for audio download (free).  You can search by subject, author, etc., For instance, when I put "start a business ...

MT Online Schools
Apr 23, 2010

Hello im newly interested to getting certified as an MT and wanting to know about the Online schools that i can trust.   And if this career pays well and is worth getting into ???  Thanks for any input i do appreciate it. ...

Online Or At School
Jun 26, 2010

I am just curious. Is there a big difference between online coding classes and going into school?  I feel (I am taking online course) that maybe going into the classroom would be most beneficial. ...

Online Mt Courses??
Oct 04, 2010

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew of a good online school that you know of that i could do MT course online. I am a stay at home mom that homeschools and would love to let this be a 2nd income to help supplement income with my husbands, and still be able to be at home. please anyone help. thanks!! Amy ...

Online Schools
Dec 07, 2010

I am interested in becoming a medical transcriptionist. I was wondering what online school you would recommend. Two that I saw that was interesting was FutureMT and CareerStep. I want to make sure I pick a good school so i can get a good foundation.Also how long did it take for you to finish school? I heard between 3-6 months. Thanks ...

Has Anyone Been Able To Do The Online Med Insurance
Apr 25, 2011

I was able to get onto the web site but I don't see anything there that indicates enrollment for this new UnitedHealthcare MS MRA insurance.  All of my existing elections are there, but no place can I find anything regarding open enrollment.    Have any of you guys been able to find it?  If so, please let me know.  I tried calling the "benefits" number on Friday, but I got a recording that there were closed for the holiday...LOL.  Not me....I had to work all ...