A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Why all of a sudden is TTS out of work? - silent

Posted: Jan 09, 2011

Why all of a sudden is TTS out of work? I know it gets slow during the holiday season but it was not like this last year.  They will not answer if you ask what is going on.  Is anyone else fishing for work all the time on TTS?

No such thing as seasonal slump. Just an MTSO line to placate - MT. My MTSO has++ work. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

My MTSO has work, too - Jane

[ In Reply To ..]
I have had plenty of work all through the holidays and now, too. In fact, I my supe asked me to work extra this week. I think that much of this "seasonal slump" story that companies use is really just bad management. I hope your work picks up soon.

Sure there is. - me

[ In Reply To ..]
My company has not lost any accounts, has not added any MTs recently. Most days we have 800+ unassigned jobs on our t.i.d. updates. We have had some days the last couple of weeks when there have been less than 200 jobs. My company doesn't offshore. Some accouns are voice, but none have switched over in the last 6 months.

The MTSO can't produce work that isn't there. I don't know what the situation is with other companies, but to put all the blame on the MTSO for low work levels across the board is not fair. In my case we get paid for downtime, so there is a disadvantage for the MTSO if they don't have work.

Not blaming MTSO for low work! Blaming for not just saying that, - for making up fake excuse. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

That's untrue - xmtso

[ In Reply To ..]
There is such thing as a seasonal slump. There are many things that go into it. Are you typing acute care or clinic work? What part of the country is your account in? Is it being affected by weather?

If your account is in New York, for instance, they just were lambasted with a huge snow storm and people were not able to get to medical care. This will result in a decrease (trickle down) effect in dictation.

January, traditionally speaking, means work might be slow the first week but by the beginning of week two you should see normal levels of dictation.

To intimate that MTSOs make up stories so MTs don't have work is ludicrous. The entire point of being an MTSO is to make money. So if you are sitting idle, they aren't making any money from you either.

Hopefully, you'll see an increase now and things will be better for you.

Comprehend much? Never intimated that MTSO makes up - so MT doesnt have to work! I said SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I say they make up excuses to placate MTs who are upset with no work. Why cant they just say drs arent dictating, who knows why. And a snowstorm isnt a "seasonal slump" IMO. Storm can happen in March, but then, of course, they would say no work cause of spring break.
Someone above DID say it's an "MTSO line" - as though it is made up. Why be so nasty about it?
[ In Reply To ..]
Comprehend that? There IS a seasonal slump in clinic and private practice work. It's possible in acute care as well, though not always to same degree. That's when half the doctors go on vacation for 1-2 wks, which does tend to mean less dictation. Good for you if you haven't experienced it but that doesn't make it just a line across the board.

At the majority of MTSOs and hospitals I have - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
worked there is normally a slump around holidays and vacation time, especially if your account is with a smaller clinic or hospital. I have been doing this 30 years and there have been very few times that this has not happened. I know when I worked at a hospital, we were pensioned out to Medical Records to help with filing, insurance copy requests, coding, etc., during the holiday season.

TTS - OklaMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Hi,

I currently work for TTS and do not seem to have a problem with having work to do.

TTS - Work - silent

[ In Reply To ..]
Good for you. I don't know how some get work and others don't. I have a coworker who is experiencing the same..no work. Maybe you are special..??

I tried to email you.... came back (see message) - lka

[ In Reply To ..]
I also work for TTS and find the same thing. I personally think they over-hire but just do not tell us. We get an email 3 times a day and many times there are less than 10 jobs... and of course they are happy about it... Me NOT happy about it when I need that income. I email and ask questions and never get answers.

TTS - silent

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes and their add says "good communication" but yet we cannot get a response when we send an email. Why are they hiring when some of us are sitting without work. The last week of December and first week of January produced no work and we get no pay. How are we supposed to pay our bills and meet our budget? They certainly do not care....

Similar Messages:

Have A Question For Everyone. How Would You Take It If All Of A Sudden You (sm)
Aug 17, 2010

felt like your emails were being igorned by your TLs?  I have been with this company for 1-1/2 years, have always felt that communication was great.  However, over the last several weeks I have sent several emails to my TLs on my various accounts and have received no response from them whatsoever.  Yesterday I received an email from one of them asking me to do a certain job, which I did but I had a question about it and STILL have not received an answer.  With another TL I wa ...

Is Is Just Me? What's Up With The Spellchecker All Of A Sudden? ....
May 14, 2011

It's red underling CORRECTLY spelled words like "hemodynamic" and "hospitalization" and suggesting they be changed to "haemodynamic" and "hospitalisation"  ???  I do believe that is English way of spelling.  Anyone else having this issue?  Weird.  ...

What Is All This Talk About Using F11 All Of A Sudden?
Sep 19, 2012

I used it ONCE and got an e mail from my CCM to PROVE in Remedy and cc her where it needed to be straight typed.  I was told even if I could, to NEVER EVER use it again.  She meant it. So why do I see several threads and suggestions here about people using F11 a lot or suggesting we use it all the time?  I used it ONCE and got called down.  The ONLY reason I was excused was I put in Remedy the job number and a good reason.  However, I was WARNED STRONGLY to NE ...

Help Please. ASR Headings Are Different All Of The Sudden..-sm
Jul 15, 2013

Not sure if I did something or not, but all of the sudden my ASR headings are not like they have been.  The blue lines are gone and the next heading is directly below the text of the previous.  I  think this was how it was when a new version came out, but I was able to "fix" it to the old way. Is any of this making sense?  Also my Google, RxList and the rest of those sites you can access on the DQS page are off center. ...

All The Sudden I Cant Get Into Benchmark
May 18, 2015

number and Medquist right? ...

Sound Quality All Of The Sudden Changes
Sep 30, 2011

Why would one by one doctors who I have listened to for years suddenly have changes in the quality of their voice files?  They were clear as a bell and now muffled or with static.  What could be causing this?  I'm afraid the company I am working for is planning on sending files overseas but I can't figure out why the sound quality would change.  Does anyone have any ideas? ...

Work Shows Up All Of A Sudden?
Apr 18, 2013

I've been sitting here all day with no work and all of a sudden 600 minutes shows up in one hospital in my BOB.  Where has it been all day?  I already signed off NJA.  ...

Just Got A New TCM And All Of A Sudden Work Galore
Apr 23, 2013

makes me wonder if my old TCM was not routing work as I have had NJA for months now. ...

TT - Does Anyone Else Notice Low Work Volumes All Of A Sudden
Aug 23, 2014

Hope it's just a slow day..... ...

Why The Sudden Push And Slew Of Emails To
Apr 04, 2015

to always be signed into Spark messenger?  TSM never cared before.  Hmmm. I think I know....so that they can contact us to tell us to switch to a new account whenever they want, even several times per day.  This is going to be fun.  Am I actually going to be longing for my 11 dollars per hour when this happens and I go to minimum wage having to send more to QC and scan thru pages of account specs?  Can't wait.   ...

Now Work All Of A Sudden, But Notice Fluency Shows Only 4 Minutes Off When It Was More Like 8
Aug 19, 2014

What's up with that!!!!! ...

How Come No Work In The Morning Until Around 11:00 And Then All Of A Sudden Work
Feb 21, 2013

I think that is very curious. ...