A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Question for TRCRs/MDIers - MT2Long

Posted: Apr 10, 2010

I'm just wondering if any MTs were taken off their accounts recently and placed on other accounts?  I've noticed lately an abundance of work on my account (the pediatric one they're advertising for).  I know the hospital added a new wing which holds a few hundred more beds but I can't imagine it's causing this much extra work.  I also noticed that the FT uro clinic MT we had is gone. 

Did anyone else catch the post below that any MT making more than 9 cpl will be reduced to 9 cpl as of June 1st.  I didn't know anything about this.  Has anyone else heard this? 

nope, have not heard either of these things. - no mess.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Amazing - my accounts have had no work for more than 2 days. This is the problem with Transcend. - transcender

[ In Reply To ..]
There is no communication. Instead of advertising for more help, they should let the current MLS know that work is available, even if it is a different platform. But that would allow us all to make a decent paycheck and that is the last thing that Sue and Larry want us to do.

Some things.. - MDI/trans

[ In Reply To ..]
About being reduced 0.5 cents per line, it was stated at the end of last year, before the merger, that anyone making 9.5 cpl, or higher, would be dropped by 0.5 cpl. This is not something new, and we all got notification of that with MDI.

As far as being placed on other accounts, they are still trying to even things out and make sure all the accounts are covered, although we do know that a few MTs have left.

no sir. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I came in with the merger. We were told we would be cut 1/2 cent for going full time with benefits; no more.

All the part-time people got the cut too, no benefits. nm - Part-timer

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I'm not talking about 0.5 cpl - MT2Long

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm talking about the poster below on another thread who said anyone making more than 9 cpl would be reduced to 9 cpl come June 1st, whether you make 9.5 cpl or 11 cpl.

I agree that they told us about the 0.5 cpl cut a long time ago. This is something new I read below.

Yes, I read that too. I have not heard SM - Ex-MDI

[ In Reply To ..]
anything about it, but that doesn't mean anything. I asked a question about our contracts. I thought they were for 1 year.

We have so much work - we were offered OT today

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

That is their trend - the beat goes on - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

MTs can be taken off an acct for a variety of reasons - but mainly may be due to

[ In Reply To ..]
quality issues. If the client is complaining of quality situations it may play a role. Not everyone is versed in pediatrics (and I don't mean basic ped visits, but the speciality and more detailed dictations).

Similar Messages:

MDIers
Dec 10, 2009

Any other MDIers having trouble accessing their email? I was able to get on this morning but not after lunch. ...

Question For Transcenders & MDIers Re The 8-hour Weekend Day
Nov 30, 2009

Does anyone know if the 8-hour per weekend day requirement stated in the "handbook" online applies to part-time people?  Did anyone ask about this in the conference call?  Do they really expect people to work every single weekend and never have one off unless they schedule it off?  Most places I know even full-time people work say one weekend a month or every other weekend.  I don't know any place that requires someone to commit to one weekend day every single weekend.&n ...