A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

OTIers - checks in the mail

Posted: Sep 03, 2012

Just wondering if we are getting paid tomorrow or if you think it will be later in the week? Never got the usual email from K to tell us they had been processed, so is that to mean she isn't processing until tomorrow and we won't be paid until later?

The best thing to do would be to ask them, would it not? nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm.

Maybe after being ragged on here for making a mistake in payroll when sm - Colorado MT

[ In Reply To ..]
working on a weekend, she decided to take off on the weekends and have a holiday too. Frankly, I do not blame her. I have been with OTI for almost 2 years now and she does payroll quicker than anyone I have ever seen and without any errors on my check. Of course, I'm always anxious to be paid, but when there is a holiday involved, I usually figure it will be a day later.

I was not begrudging her time off - just asking

[ In Reply To ..]
I wasn't commenting on her taking time off or anything but as I haven't been around for a "major" holiday, I was just seeking info from those who might know. I did not want to bother her if she was off this weekend is why I did not already email. I am not too concerned because they do pay so quickly and I have 2 other jobs, I was simply asking, but forgot that's not allowed on these boards.

I never said you were begrudging her time off nor was I trying to be snippy with you sm - Colorado MT

[ In Reply To ..]
for asking. I just feel bad for her that people were so mean about the whole thing when she does such a great job and all. If you have a question for her, it probably wouldn't be bothering her. I do not know how she does things, but if she is off, I would think she probably wouldn't be checking her work e-mails. I know I wouldn't. Of course, I kind of forget what time off is anymore.

Sorry I came across wrong. I mean no harm to anyone.
was not you - was other when I asked
[ In Reply To ..]
I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to the one that told me why don't I just email. I was trying NOT to email her while she was off (if that is the case) and was trying to get info from seasoned OTIers (like yourself) and I also think she took a lot of flack that she did NOT deserve. She made things right, right away and those that were overpaid and had to pay back and complained about a short check didn't realize they had already received that money apparently, so they weren't "short."

I think she does a fabulous job with as many people as she has and to receive our checks within 2 days, is nothing short of a miracle worker. I work for smaller MTSOs with a LOT fewer employees and they take almost a week longer.

I am with you and that if I had time off, no WAY would I check my email :) I can wait, no biggie, just didn't know how it went when holidays fell like this. I appreciate your answer.

OTIers check in the mail - Dinwiddy

[ In Reply To ..]
I got a note from K saying it was going in on the 5th and would be posted to my account on the 6th. Well the day is over and it has not posted to my account. Hopefully tomorrow maybe. Love this job and would hate to have to start looking again but I really need the money or I would not be working.

Sounds like you should call her. Mine was listed as pending on 09/5 sm - Colorado MT

[ In Reply To ..]
and posted today, on time as always. I understand about needing the money. Good luck!
Mine was there when she said it would be - checks in the mail
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
OTIers - Dinwiddy
[ In Reply To ..]
I called. She mailed it since it was my first check. Waiting for snail mail to get to my house. Not here yet.

Similar Messages:

Any Other OTIers
Dec 31, 2012

that one certain person in QA/management is excessively rude when you try to communicate with her? ...

Just Curious. How Many OTIers Have Asked To Be Taken Off ASR?
Mar 15, 2011

d ...

Well, OTIers, What Did You Think About That Conference Call?
Sep 05, 2014

d ...

OTIers, Since The Work Has Been Rather Sporadic, Do They Usually Enforce Sm
Feb 25, 2011

the 3500 line per week minimum requirement?  I just accepted a full-time position today with another company (small MTSO in PA .. yippee!) and not sure I can balance everything since I already have other PT jobs.   If I have to give up something, the OTI will definitely be one of the first to go since it pays the least, but I love Bayscribe.  :(  If there is no work, I thought maybe they wouldn't care if someone did not do the minimum.  If I phrased ...

OTIers: I Would Just Like Opinions On The Email Sent Out Today By A
May 09, 2013

d ...