Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Answer me this - Mary

Posted: Jan 5th, 2024 - 6:28 pm In Reply to: From OP - see message

Snark Forum, that is funny. I know when I worked for medical records departments, and I worked for several, I was subject to some of the nastiest treatment and worst treatment I had ever gotten anywhere. It wasn't all MT's working there but all women. And generally, although I hate to come down hard on my own gender, women of course are terribly vicious and mean to other women that aren't in the little group or that one or two of the women have something against, etc. Although men are different, my friend works with more men and is constantly talking about how demeaning some of them are to women, giving the other men more respect, etc. so this definitely still exists in the workplace. This problem with other women co-workers is definitely a main reason I started working from home, and although I sure don't miss dealing with the behavior it is isolating working this job and it is certainly difficult to keep your head above water in this field anymore. Wishing everyone well, you know we're all just trying to survive, whether we choose to leave MT, which can be good, or whether we choose to tough it out. I'm close to retirement age so I'm just not sure what to do but I'm working some long hours and getting too old to keep it up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)