Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing Today's Top Viewed: Medical scribe employment.. (Views: 56)

I got a coding job without experience - Certifications make a difference

Posted: Oct 22nd, 2023 - 1:06 pm In Reply to: Coding Part Time Or With a Flexible Contract? - Krys

Many of the coding students who complain about not being able to find a job did not receive the education they need to pass a coding employment exam. Many coding programs teach you enough to pass a certification exam but not enough to actually code, so you have to be careful. I started out at a community college but quickly saw that they only taught outpatient coding, which limits your potential, and made me take classes that did not pertain to coding, causing the cost to go up. I decided to go to The Andrews School, learned to code, passed the CPC and CCS certification exams, and now make every bit twice I did as transcription, with much better benefits. For the record, The Andrews School doesn't pay anyone for endorsements. I just believe in the program enough to recommend it to other people.

There are SOME part time coding jobs that I have seen, but you are correct in saying that they aren't common. My personal opinion is that you really need that full time dedication to coding to learn it well. I do have small children at home, and I do work remote and am able to flex my time, which is nice, but I still am a full time employee.

Good luck on your decision, and let me know if you have any further questions. I'm more than glad to try to answer them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)