Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Treat people poorly- - redmaj

Posted: May 27th, 2023 - 9:53 am In Reply to: Treat people poorly - How did it come to this

I started working in-house doing transcription in 1977-on IBM electric typewriters!! For many years, working as an MT in hospitals I loved it. Made wonderful life-long friends, made very good money and had benefits for the family. I remember when voice rec was first talked about and we said NO WAY will that work with ESL docs. I worked for Nuance, a few others I can't remember the names, and TTS at home. By that time I was part time. I missed going to work, getting dressed, having a work social life. Of course the money was not what it should have been, especially since I had got my associates degree in business, specialty medical transcription. They expect you to type fast, make NO mistakes for what? Maybe 9.00 an hour?? No benefits. I actually miss working (sort of-LOL). Give me the good old days where you were paid what you were worth. And don't get me started on QA people. They LOVE to find mistakes, or what they THINK are mistakes. Honestly, I just could not get Fluency!! Before TTS changed to Fluency, finally I was making "decent" money, loved my account and then boom. Fluency was the only program for some reason just did not click with me!! That's all in the past-when asked today about being an MT I say NO!! 15, 20 years ago, yes. Well, that is AI for you!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)