Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Real life experience - Additional Note

Posted: Mar 21st, 2023 - 9:51 am In Reply to: For crying out loud - It is not about you having work

This is an example of a HIPAA breach that didn’t end well, the MT got fired. At a picnic/public gathering, the MT was speaking loudly enough to be overheard, about patients she had transcribed for and was overheard by a staff physician who reported it and the MT was terminated. I had an issue where I worked where someone within my organization was reading my chart and scheduling appointments on my behalf without my knowledge. I reported that to our compliance officer, and again it did not end well. You can blow it off as not mattering if you wish, but when it affects you personally and your PIH or that of a family member is breached, maybe you will realize that the laws are in place for a reason. It has nothing to do with you running out of work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)