Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I'm retired now - Enjoy it while you can

Posted: Nov 21st, 2022 - 10:31 am In Reply to: Of course not - But in the time frame where

..but worked as an MT for more years than I care to admit until I was laid off due to my department being outsourced, I never worked at home. After that, I studied coding but never found a job and worked as a medical record tech until I retired. I have never tried to discourage anyone from becoming a coder but it is not for everyone and it certainly is not the nirvana of jobs. It is difficult to break into and always has been, and it is being outsourced so you need to take off your rose colored glasses. Making $40 an hour out of the gate is not the norm, and coming here and shaming others for their career choice is not appropriate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)