Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

upwork - Cat

Posted: Jul 3rd, 2022 - 11:37 am

Has anyone tried getting transcription jobs off Upwork?  If so, was it worth your while?  Do you have any advice?  Just trying to find a way to supplement what little I make anymore with these crap transcription companies. I know so many of us are struggling with unfair wages, hours, the ridiculous account specifics that are pages long and the providers who want "special" treatment on top of that - there is always some clown who has to do it differently, the switching of accounts and work types multiple times throughout a shift, etc. 

I've often thought it is too bad, though we might not know each other personally, that we didn't somehow find a way to stick together in solidarity all across the country, regardless of who you work for.  Could you imagine if none of us showed up for work for a day, a week, whatever, and NO reports are being done?  (though my conscious would probably bother me because of the patients - who rely on our good work - are completely innocent of the BS we are going through.)        

If you tried Upwork or have any other ideas, it would be greatly appreciated.  I know it is a dying industry, but it is all I've done for the past 30 years.  And like so many of you - retirement is so close yet so far away :( 

I hope you all get to enjoy some of the "holiday" weekend - though I know most of you - as well as me - have to work LOL! 

Peace!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)