Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

When I did this - Curious

Posted: Jun 24th, 2022 - 7:30 am In Reply to: Same thoughts here as well, Curious. - And working remotely...

We had multiple functions under this job title. I moved to medical records after our transcription dept. was outsourced. I scanned paper charts and indexed them into the EMR and processed records releases from patients and outside providers. We did a sweep of documents that were faxed to us and converted them to PDF. Some people did chart analysis and audits for insurance companies, no one was paid $25 an hour. When Covid hit, we had a lot of people who went home to work; we scanned for them on site and they indexed all day. Some people who work at home are on the phone all day processing records requests. There were days when it was incredibly boring and other days when it was enjoyable. I retired earlier than I expected to because it was a toxic workplace and we started running out of work. They over hired for our department and after I left they laid people off. I thought I was being paid well and had great benefits but for me there weren’t many learning opportunities and I thrive on learning new skills. Some of these jobs will be nonexistent in a few years as more facilities become entirely paperless and patients are able to take more responsibility for accessing their own records from the EMR. I can’t speak for the other poster, but that’s what it was like for me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)