Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

That was my experience as well - Princeton

Posted: Jun 9th, 2022 - 11:54 am In Reply to: Exactly - Princeton

I also gave it a go at Princeton on the urgent care account back in January/February. I could NOT make any money, at least not nearly enough to keep a roof over my head and food on the table. Sure, the people at Princeton were very friendly, but friendly doesn't pay the bills. Those urgent care notes weren't even complete reports. It was like they just dictated small fragments of a report, which were usually only one small paragraph. You're absolutely right. They were "micro reports." That is the perfect way to describe them. It was absolutely the bottom of the barrel work. Even if they were paying 12-13 cpl, you wouldn't make that much. Maybe it would be fine for someone who just wants a little bit of extra spending money on the weekends, but there is NO WAY you can make a sustainable full-time living on that account.

If I learned anything from my experience at Princeton, it's that the quality of the account and the ability to be productive and achieve a good line count is definitely more important than your line rate. Don't get me wrong - you still want a decent line rate, but if the account is horrible and the line counts suck, your rate doesn't really matter. For example, several years ago, I was working for Phoenix Medcom on a wonderful ER account making 7.5 cpl and I made an absolute killing because the reports were so easy, had lots of paid normals for the ROS and PE sections, fantastic dictators, and the line counts were high. I could easily do 1800-2000 lines per day, sometimes even more depending on how many hours I worked. We never once came even close to running out of work and my paychecks were awesome. Sadly, that account merged with a larger hospital and went to EMR at the end of 2016/beginning of 2017, so they no longer had a need for a transcription service. I miss that account so much. My best childhood friend (who was also an MT) and I worked on it together for almost 4 years and had a blast. We still frequently reminisce about our years working on that awesome account!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)