Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I left as well - late checks and no work

Posted: May 5th, 2022 - 11:14 am In Reply to: Definitely cause for concern - WWD

I left WWD in late August/early September of last year for all the same reasons everyone else has stated. After working there for about a year and a half, I have vowed to myself that I will NEVER work for another company who doesn't utilize direct deposit ever again. I had so many problems with my checks arriving late and nobody at WWD seemed to give a single damn. Every time I would contact them about a late check, I would get the, "Oh, we have to wait until it's been at least 10 days since it was mailed before we can issue you a replacement check" BS. They caused me to be late on my mortgage payment and incur late fees more than once. My husband was fed up with them, I was fed up with them, and WWD was completely unresponsive to my expressed concerns, so I had to cut loose and find something else. Thankfully, my husband has a good job, but we can't pay all of the bills on just his income alone. We BOTH need a reliable income in order to survive, and WWD was far from reliable. I now work on VA hospital accounts and LOVE it. My boss is awesome, I never run out of work, and they pay twice per month via direct deposit, so I no longer have to worry about chasing my paychecks and wondering when they will arrive in the mail. It was just much too stressful not having direct deposit when you're working on a budget and have bills that are due by certain dates and you're really trying hard not to ruin your credit with late payments! We actually had to take a lot of our bills off of auto pay when I was working at WWD due to me not having direct deposit and never knowing when we would have my checks in the bank to cover them. It was a huge PITA.

Then, there was the substantial lack of work at the end of last summer/early fall when I left. I remember we went weeks on end with almost no work and nobody would tell us what was going on. When I contacted J about it, he just said, "Hopefully it will pick back up soon." Sorry, but I can't budget and pay my bills on "soon" and I sure as hell cannot afford to be sitting at my desk twiddling my thumbs looking at an empty queue all day every day. I don't know what is going on with this company, but it sounds like not much has changed since I left about 8 months ago. I'm amazed they are still in business with they way they operate. It's sad because they could actually be a decent company if they would implement a few necessary changes, but that will never happen. They are so set in their ways and just flat out do not care.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)