Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I worked as a scribe for a couple of weeks - SM

Posted: Oct 10th, 2021 - 9:02 am In Reply to: Scribe jobs. I would like positive feedback if it - exists. They seem to be

I hated it. Some people love it, though. It's like straight typing medical transcription on a bad platform except you have to write the report yourself while listening to a recorded patient encounter. The pay and benefits were actually decent, but the training was horrible--mostly anatomy and physiology. No samples, just type notes and submit them to a trainer to QA and wait for feedback. It didn't help that I was out of MT for a few years and was a bit rusty.

And there was no high-tech way of uploading the note into the EMR. You had to find the patient record in the EMR and then cut and paste your report. If you didn't have EMR access yet, you had to message a trainer or someone on Teams to cut and paste for you.

There were production requirements (which weren't being enforced yet) and also speech rec (which they called AI). QA was in India, but they were so overwhelmed with work we weren't being QA'd yet.

It looks like they've shipped some of the scribing to India now, judging from their careers page--no domestic scribing job openings.

There's also a scribing board on Reddit you might want to look at.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)