Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

The pay is garbage - SM

Posted: Oct 8th, 2021 - 3:17 am In Reply to: Scribe jobs. I would like positive feedback if it - exists. They seem to be

I guess it really depends on how much you're looking to earn, but the pay for scribes is VERY low. I'm talking insultingly low, less than $30k per year, so definitely not a salary that you'll be able to easily pay your rent or mortgage with. I've looked extensively into it and the highest pay I was offered was $12.50/hour, which is only minimum wage in my state. Several other places paid as low as $10 or $11. I even had one company turn me down because my 20 years of MT experience "wasn't sufficient" and they had "bad experiences" hiring MTs in the past and only wanted someone specifically with scribe experience. I essentially laughed in their faces and told them it was their loss. I'm sticking with my general and legal transcription. I make twice what scribes make. I even make more than that at my part-time MT job doing VR editing at 5 cpl, where I typically average about $17-18/hour.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)