Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I used to be a moderator here but... - MT2

Posted: May 30th, 2021 - 11:44 pm In Reply to: Someone has to be monitoring this board. I have - seen posters removed, banned

... Then I discovered that whenever I sent moderator messages to board members, my first name was visible in the e-mail they received. This included moderator messages to companies whose job advertisements I regularly deleted for not meeting posting requirements on the job seekers board. My first name is uncommon enough that if I ever went to apply to one of those companies, they might be thinking, "Hey, aren't you the person who deleted my post on MTStars?" When I discovered that, it was my last day as a moderator. Not worth the risk.

So: Sorry that all the users on this board are eating each other alive and everybody is rude. But it's not my problem anymore.

Also, for all the folks on the political board who think that their views were/are being regulated or whatever: As a moderator, I never had access to posts on the Political Board. No moderator did or does, as far as I know. To the best of my knowledge, if your posts were/are being taken down on that board, that would be the owner of the site who thinks you are the a-hole, not me.

Finally, if anybody wants a moderator job here, just do what I did to get offered the position: Put up a post bitching about the lack of moderation, and if the owner is still reading this site at all (which I'm not really sure is the case), he might send you a message offering you the opportunity to solve the problem.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)