Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

A blessing in disguise indeed! - rainy_day

Posted: Apr 20th, 2021 - 12:50 pm In Reply to: Softscript strikes again - PandaBear

A few years ago, I was laid off due to low work volume. Of course I was very scared and upset over losing my job. My father was diagnosed with glioblastoma a few weeks later. Doctors said he had about 9-12 months. Fortunately, I ended up qualifying for unemployment and it really did turn out to be a blessing for me. He made it 14 months and when the dementia kicked in, it was incredibly difficult. Although I struggled financially, I'm so thankful that I had all that time to take care of him and make memories with him without the stress of transcription. I wouldn't take that back for all the money in the world. As it turned out, I have never been so thankful for being let go from a job in my life. They know exactly what they did and they are absolutely disgusting for doing that to you. How people like that sleep at night with no moral compass is a mystery to me. I personally believe everything happens for a reason and with perfect timing, and I truly hope you will find some peace and comfort and have lots of opportunity to care for and make some wonderful memories with your Dad. All my best to you. <3

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)