Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

You are right, but - They abuse us

Posted: Mar 18th, 2021 - 8:32 pm In Reply to: Right but - I believe (sm)

I would like to know if any of these companies pay extra for overnight or evening work and not the pitiful 000.3 cpl extra that is offered at one company. What an insult. It isn't worth the time to figure it out.

I usually work evenings, but no late nights, mainly because I get up early and I am through giving my life to transcription. No work, I'm gone until I want to get back on, either the next day or two days, whatever my schedule and mood allow.

I hear ya about going out to work and the clothes, etc., but I had to find a part time job outside of MT work, so I could have some taxes taken out. The days of employee positions doing MT work are long gone it seems and again, they own you if you are an employee.

So we do what we can and everyone handles it in a different way. I do believe there are MTs who like overnight work or late night, just like very early morning, so to each her or his own.

We all dance to a different song and these days, a lot of people are just happy to have a job! I know people who drive for both Uber and Lyft together and probably deliver as well and put in 10-12 hour days and 6-7 days a week, just to get by, so it hard on everyone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)