Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Right but - I believe (sm)

Posted: Mar 18th, 2021 - 12:19 pm In Reply to: Good Question! - KillerAngel

the accounts we do now are the tough ones, i.e., require special rules for special dictators, sloppy dictators, formatting "unpaid" extras, having to look up demographic information. It seems the spec sheets are pages and pages of do this, but if it's that, then do that, but if it isn't that, then do this. Blows my mind.

I still MT because the pay is so low for secretarial work that by the time I buy clothes, gas, food, spend the time commuting, I actually make more money doing MT work and far less stress. Office politics are so bad right now. No one is happy since COVID. Wearing a mask all day, rules changing every day, doctors making more demands on who is left after letting people go because of telemedicine and not needing the staff.

The list goes on and on. In my opinion, no one will die if the work is a little late. The TAT is stringent enough anyway. Furthermore, anything super emergent wise gets told by word of mouth, then later documented.

I often chuckle when I get a note that was for a patient seen a year ago but is coming in for a visit, it's called cover your butt, so that's what they do and make that dictation a STAT.

This is just documentation, not brain surgery where you have to be so attentive and with that steady hand. It's more the companies that put the pressure on MTs to do more in less time and that's to (you guessed it) make more money!!!! The faster we type, the more work they take on and the more people they hire and the more money comes flowing in for them, not us. It's kind of sad because on the norm if a company brought in more business, you think they'd spread the wealth but they don't in this industry, at least, not with the MTs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)