Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

To Former MT - I agee with you

Posted: Oct 24th, 2020 - 3:15 pm In Reply to: Just reading your post - former MT

I got out 4 years ago and didn't do any MT work for almost 2 years. I took on a PT job, which I like. I decided to go back just for supplemental income. The only reason I agreed to do the Fluency account is because I happen to have another computer which actually I purchased last year for VDI and never used it, so I figured, instead of letting it sit in a box and collect dust, use it.

If I had to go and buy a new computer I doubt I would do this either. It is very discouraging to say the least.

I know many MTs put up with this including myself, but at least I feel better knowing I don't have to rely on it for my income any longer and have to sit day and night at a computer either waiting for work or trying to clear out what is there. No more of that.

Holidays can come and go now and I don't fret over whether there will be work or if I have to work or not and if I do work at my other job, I get double time pay!

Good luck to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)