Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 64)

IC Nuance IT nightmare - sm

Posted: Oct 24th, 2020 - 3:11 pm

I recently took a job as an IC and already had VDI/EditScript in my machine from the previous company.  Nuance said that had to be uninstalled and reinstalled for the new company.  Anybody heard of that?  The old company's IT guy said they never heard of that, and as far as he knew, all they had to do was change IDs.  Yeah, well...  So Nuance IT gets into my computer, uninstalls and reinstalls VDI to the wrong ID number, taking 6 7 hours, and using up 35GB of data! I normally use 6GB a month.  They incidentally caused another MT with the same name to not be able to work, but we did get permission to work out of VDI.  I worked for 6 days, then one morning I couldn't get into ES, kept getting a security error.  As there's no IT support with this new company, Nuance had to get into the computer again, and it took him 1-1/2 hours to realize that they had locked me out of ES, even with permission to work outside VDI, and that it wasn't the antivirus that he was trying to blame.  So, that used up every bit of data I had and I have not been able to work since 10/17 and they're supposed to get into my computer again 11/04, when my data plan renews (with more data, costing twice as much) and redo the uninstall/reinstall to the correct ID number.  I'm at a loss how to deal with these people.  They make you sign into logmein, then wait for 45 minutes until they get around to you?  Does this sound familiar? 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)