Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

You might be thinking about Patient First - Anon

Posted: Oct 17th, 2020 - 5:23 am In Reply to: All of what you said is generally correct - however

which is the only company I know of that has these types of rule where you have to delete things that are dictated and also replace doctor-dictated phrases with what they want you to put. So, if the OP works for that company and was told to replace low back pain with lower back pain, that rule would apply. I've done MT for more than 35 years, and believe me when I say that the scenario you are describing is very rare. Always transcribe as dictated unless you know the dictator has misspoken or unless you definitely know the MTSO has restrictive rules about what you should transcribe or not; but again, that happens very rarely. Of course, an MT should go over account specs ahead of time and have them handy to refer to, so they know when they have to make substitutions of terminology.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)