Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Side Gig - Other jobs

Posted: Oct 10th, 2020 - 10:09 am In Reply to: side gig - Pumpkin

There are quite a few delivery jobs now especially with Covid, but they can be a two way street, money wise. I know some people who drive Lyft/Uber and that is the same thing. You have to do your homework.

Like you I needed a "real" job that made me an employee. I got a PT receptionist job and still do MT as supplemental. There are also prn jobs available too. You just need to start checking them out. Criagslist, Indeed, or other job sites.

Don't expect to find exactly what you want in the beginning, but then again, you may get lucky, but don't give up. Four years ago I knew I needed something else and had 3 jobs in two years before finding the receptionist job and it has been just fine. I work extra once in a while and when I do, I don't do MT work. I prefer the employee status over IC any day. BTW, a lot of the delivery jobs are also IC (1099) as well, so take that into consideration.

Whatever you decide to do, just go for it and give it a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, because MT work is all but dead and we are all hanging by a thread and to depend on it as you sole job or income is too stressful for me. I can't take their whims any longer or low pay. For gas and grocery money it's okay, sort of like babysitting, but that's it for me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)