Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

In complete agreement - sm

Posted: Aug 13th, 2020 - 7:45 pm In Reply to: Please let me know - thought about it

Sent a resume to this company and they want you to pay $70 to the vendor of their choice for a background check. I happened to have a background check which was performed in the last month, which they said was okay, but they still needed an "online employment check" which would cost $25.

I've been a contractor for all the years on my resume, not an "employee." I find it hard to believe that you can check for subcontractor status online and I didn't particularly want them to contact old companies I had contracted with by phone.

I don't feel compelled to pay to get a contracting job. They immediately fired back that we couldn't proceed and they were terminating my application. This really sends up red flags for me. They likely have an affiliate agreement with their "background" checker, is my thought. Whether or not they offer legitimate work is beside the point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)