Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Me too - LongGone

Posted: Jun 2nd, 2020 - 5:10 pm In Reply to: I received all my checks yesterday. Didn’t expect that. NM - HappyMT

Yes, Keystrokes finally paid my final two weeks' production check, as well as 120 (+1) accumulated PTO hours out of the 174 that were actually outstanding, after "only" seven months (10 weeks' wait for the other five late paychecks, which arrived in January). The time spent dealing with two states' as well as US Depts of Labor? The fees for early cash-ins of CDs to cover the MIA income? The sheer frustration of dealing with someone lying to you, not once but repeatedly? Those I weighed against the over 10 years when this was a good company to work for and a blessed alternative to the Medquist/Mmodal and Nuance-style MTSOs, and I am left with a feeling of gratitude. I am grateful beyond measure that I was close to retirement when the downhill slide began, and that all this is behind me and I can finally begin to really enjoy retirement. I am thankful, too, that I did not let LT's unprofessional business practices and behavior provoke me into unprofessional outbursts, financial ruin or an ulcer, though I can better understand now why so many seem so bitter toward her and the company -- I came close a few times and am grateful it passed. I am grateful that she was able, for a long time, to run a company which provided a good living for my family, and for that I thank her as well as her family members, extended family, and support staff with whom I dealt over the years. For the record, my first (8 years) and last (12 years) jobs were with family-owned companies and with the exception of the last year, were great experiences; in both cases, there was a level of personal commitment and flexibility you don't often find with larger companies. Love her or hate her, you have to give LT credit for keeping Keystrokes a going concern long after most midsize and smaller MTSOs had sold out to the 'big 3' services. I'm just saying this has been my experience and understand we all have different opinions. I was not a favorite, a suckup, married to a family member or even paid on time:-) I am just an MT who is most of all thankful to get beyond all that and end what was an awesome 30-year career on a higher note than anticipated. To you all still working...it's been great, and hopefully those nearer my age can find a niche to see you through. To me, MT really was a lifelong education,but now it's time for relaxation and fun!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)