Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

UE - sm

Posted: Apr 5th, 2020 - 2:12 pm In Reply to: Varies by state - Needs investigation

I would strongly suggest you just apply for other positions on Indeed or through MT company searches. You're going to be better off. You don't want to owe back UE when this is all over. As ICs in the MT field, we have access to work even if that means working for 5 companies at once.

At my company, there is work available, so the ones who want the UE as an IC better be ready to explain why they are not shifting their hours since the company is providing work. I see this profession being the last one to ever get any UE benefits. There are just too many companies hiring right now. Look on Indeed, there are tons of MT jobs, remote and on-site. So what's your hurry to think you're going to somehow get 600 dollars a week? It's not gonna happen. There are too many people who actually did lose their jobs when the companies closed, i.e., restaurants, salons, etc. Get over it and start applying instead of wasting your time on UE. I wonder if the ones wanting the UE have ever even been on it. It's not just free money. You still have to apply other places and report your income and they will check up on the company you work for and see if they are providing work and when they say "yes, we are at such and such a time," then you're busted. Just keep that in mind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)