Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

My heart really goes out to you - anon

Posted: Mar 30th, 2020 - 7:24 pm In Reply to: by me clocking in and out all day, by the time I get to the end - sm

What I used to do when work would trickle in like this (only it all sounds much worse now):

When a job came in, I would get it done. Then, if nothing would download for me after that, I would take a break for at least 10 or 15 minutes, or longer. Then I'd log back in and check for work. That way at the end of my 8 hours I wouldn't have to deal with numerous minutes of NJA scattered throughout my 8 hour shift on the timecard had I stayed logged on, like what's happening to you - 2 mins here and there in between jobs.

By controlling your own time without working, it will make it a lot easier to then go back and cover those 10, 15, 20 minutes (whatever amount of time you decide before checking back for work again) with either PTO, EAWP or EANW. And, it will cut down on so many work availability entries on the timecard.

That's why you're coming up short at the end of your shift by about an hour or so because you're not adding each of those scattered minutes to work availability. Remember, it's every minute of your shift that has to be accounted for and designated as PTO, EANP or EANW. Make it easy on yourself and control the length of those times without work.

I would do this of course knowing that I might be missing some jobs here and there, but honestly it was worth not having to spend an hour or more dealing with the complicated timecard entries for work availability at the end of my shift.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)