Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Stop checking back for work and file for partial unemployment - 2much

Posted: Mar 30th, 2020 - 3:44 pm In Reply to: My HDSM/NJA - SM

You do not need to keep checking back every so often for your entire shift or past that for work. Like you said, you do not get paid for that and you do not get paid to "be on call." Clock in to work, if no work or when you run out, wait your 6 minutes, if no work clock out and turn it in as Excused Absence No Work and file for partial unemployment due to reduced work hours due to COVID-19. Clinics, hospitals, etc are all stopping routine visits, well checks, elective procedures, etc. Now grant it we should be super busy according to all we hear on the news, and maybe that will happen one day and we will be swamped, but maybe not. Right now things are super slow and I would begin my unemployment as soon as possible. You can work and still draw partial unemployment to help compensate for the reduced hours. Some on unemployment will also receive $600.00 extra each week during unemployment related to this COVID-19 for at least 4 months, maybe longer. That is more money than we ever make even working full time for most of us. NOW, it seems unclear if reduced hours unemployed would also get the extra $600.00 EACH WEEK or not or a portion of it, but regardless, you are not making anything waiting around for work. FILE NOW for partial unemployment and get some money coming in!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)