Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Agree - sm

Posted: Dec 13th, 2019 - 10:11 pm In Reply to: blanks due to doctor - muv

And the discrepancies are bad enough, like when they dictate estimated blood loss 2 cc at top of report and at the bottom they dictate 3! Those are so easy to miss. And of course that costs us two blanks and a discrepancy note. But the blanks count against us! And the nonsensical text where you can’t just leave a note saying this made absolutely no sense, you have to find a nice way to phrase it, which can take some creative wording, right?! You can’t just say, “Blank left because the prostate is not now and never will be connected to the pharynx....Doctor needs more coffee.” But first you waste valuable time rereading a hundred times to make sure it actually made no sense versus something you just don’t know!

This is among the million reasons why the drop in our pay the past decade makes no sense to me. I have seen past reports in our database where new MTs (I assume anyway!) think Beano is a suppository and Espresso is a suture. It’s bad enough for those of us who have been working acute care forever. But you cannot just step into this job with no training and/or little experience and expect to be able to navigate the minefield of possible errors all day long!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • Blanks - sm (Views: 799, 2019-12-13, 5:19 pm)
    • And - do not forget (Views: 642, 2019-12-13, 6:44 pm)