Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I used Exede (formerly WildBlue), when we first moved. sm - Some info

Posted: Dec 13th, 2019 - 9:21 am In Reply to: Anyone working via satellite and how is that working out? - sm

It was the only thing available at the time. The company I worked for allowed it, which makes a difference. Exede has different levels of service/speed; I bought the most expensive. I worked for Mmodal/Fluency platform. When they allowed your next job to download while you were working on the current document, I had no issues with lag time. Since they changed to only having the job you are currently processing downloaded to you, I'm not sure if there would be a lag as I don't use satellite anymore.

Weather related issues were unpredictable. There were times we could have an all-out monsoon-type storm, and I would never lose my connection. Other times, it could be sprinkling, and I would lose my internet. Weather-related issues normally didn't last long. There were issues with snow accumulation on the dish, and times we had to clean the snow off to get reception.

Streaming? Forget about it. Even downloading a movie wasn't worth the hassle.

It can be expensive.

All in all, I had few enough issues, if I had to, I would use it again, but I'm glad I don't have to. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)