Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Can't use in my area sm. - FlaMT

Posted: Dec 13th, 2019 - 8:50 am In Reply to: Anyone working via satellite and how is that working out? - sm

I wanted to switch over to satellite internet a couple of years ago (HughesNet is the carrier in my neck of the woods), but I was told the connection is not steady enough to support some of the transcription platforms -- too spotty and dropped out a lot. At the time, I was using ChartScript and also regular wav files and had to stick with DSL. Others in my area that have satellite are not too happy with it, mainly because of an unreliable connection (mostly due to weather, thunderstorms, living in Florida). All the variables involved, location, provider, internet speed, weather conditions, etc., come into play and may or may not be in your favor. Maybe satellite works better in certain areas. Hopefully others will chime in with their experiences, but even a few of my neighbors using satellite just for personal use aren't too happy with it (losing connection constantly, again due to weather, cloudy days). It'd be worth asking the company you work for if it's feasible with the software you are using. Again, the biggest problem the techs emphasized was the lack of a steady connection and said DSL was a better choice. Good luck and hope it works out for you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)