Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 77)

Totally agree!!! - sm

Posted: Dec 11th, 2019 - 10:33 am In Reply to: True IC jobs - RadMT

With true IC work, there are no set schedules. The company you're contracted with is your client (not your employer). Each and every report is a service you provide.

I think MTs believe that true ICs are just lazy and don't show up for work; this is not true at all. The true IC classification gives the IC the opportunity to make their own decisions regarding when they want to work and that varies from day to day. The company contracting with the ICs need to have enough contracted ICs to do the work. Some ICs will keep a set schedule, but it is their preference. I have 2 jobs that are true IC, I work when I want.

If companies out there want people on at a set time, they need to classify them as employees and provide benefits and pay their portion of taxes. They cannot have their cake and eat it, too.

The nice thing also about being an IC is that you are your own boss, you can work for multiple companies (otherwise known as your clients), you can choose who you want to dedicate most of your time to, and not one of these companies can do anything about it other than say they no longer want your services, but that's rare.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)